Related Posts with Thumbnails

Word Filled Wednesday

>> Wednesday, August 31, 2011


Casting down arguments and every high thing 
that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, 
bringing every thought into captivity 
to the obedience of Christ
2 Corinthians 10:5


So many people struggle with thoughts going on in their heads that are tearing them down, or bringing fear, or discouraging them from walking into the destiny that God has for them.  

Our minds are the battleground for the enemy to sow negative thoughts into our lives.  It's what we do with them that makes the difference.  When those thoughts come in, we must decide if they are thoughts from God, or thoughts from our own flesh, or if they are thoughts from the enemy.  

My brother once told me that when a thought comes into our head, that we "pretend" to take it out and look at it and say "is this thought from God or me or from the enemy?".  If it was from God, I put the thought back into my mind.  If it was from my own thinking or from the enemy, I threw it away. Then I would find the verse in God's Word that spoke to that thought.  If I had a thought of fear, I would throw it out, and say, "God has not given me a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind"  2 Timothy 1:7. 

That little exercise helped me to grow in discernment about my thoughts and actually pay attention to what kind of thoughts I allowed in my thinking.  I took every thought captive to obey God's Word.

I want to keep my mind filled with His Word and filled with faith, not fear doubt and unbelief.  How about you?

For more Word Filled Wednesdays, visit  Internet Cafe Devotions.

Blessings!

5 comments:

Lisa August 31, 2011 at 10:47 PM  

Mary, that's a great illustration of how to take every thought captive. I'm learning to be more aware what thoughts I am allowing into my head. The more I am filled with God's Word, the less room there is for negative thoughts. Many blessings!

Jackie S. September 1, 2011 at 8:30 AM  

Mary, I love this....thanks!! You have given the best explanation of this scripture (and your brother!) that I have ever heard. I will try it! Blessings~~

Missie September 1, 2011 at 7:27 PM  

This is tough for me...thank you for sharing this verse...it is one I need to hear over and overs

Mary September 1, 2011 at 7:32 PM  

Blessings abound to you girls! The enemy wants us to be bound up with the negative thoughts. But Jesus wants us FREE. I pray for us to walk in that new freedom so that nothing will hold us back!

Peggy (mazmagi) September 1, 2011 at 8:22 PM  

Blessings Mary, Such wise words! Your message certainly goes well with the Scripture verse and photo... The mind is the battleground! I, too, want to keep my filled with the Word of God and focus on faith building not tearing down, except strongholds not of Him! I want to walk in my freedom in Christ and the best way is as you have shared. Thank you Mary! Bless you for visiting me and encouraging me.

I will purpose to cast down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God. I bring every thought captive to the obedience and Word of God!

Peace and God's love,
Peggy

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP