Related Posts with Thumbnails

To Do List

>> Tuesday, March 22, 2011

O God, You are my God
Early will I seek You;
My soul thirsts for You;
My flesh longs for You
In a dry and thirsty land 
Where there is no water.
Psalm 63:1

God has plans and purposes for us each day.  He wants us to spend more time with Him so that we can get our "To Do" list from Him. 

I am a list maker and a post it note queen.  I can write down all kinds of things to do for the day.  But at the end of the day, did I accomplish what God had planned for me to accomplish?  Or was it my own desires and my own thoughts?

Already this week, I have had to change my own plans about 8 times.  God is setting me up with His plans and I have had to move many things off my own schedule. 

I want to walk in His steps for my days....moment to moment.  Then I know my day will be pleasing to Him if I seek His face and His plan for my day.  

God gives us strength to accomplish His plans for our day if we seek Him.  No wonder we get so worn out throughout the day because we try to do our own lists in our own strength.

God is a good God.  He's faithful and He's filled with love for us.  He wants to spend time with us.  He has passion for each one of us.  He wants to love on us and fill us with His strength.  He has plans for our good.  He desires to be with us every moment of the day.  

Let God make your lists for you.  Life will be so much easier because we won't be striving to do everything in our own strength.

Blessings on your day as you discover more of God!

2 comments:

Missie March 23, 2011 at 7:03 PM  

I so love this, thank you so much for your words today!

Corine April 24, 2011 at 11:04 PM  

Hi! :D This is my first time here at your blog, and I love your center on Christ!

I am a list maker, too. And I also pray to know what God would have me do. Recently, I realized I needed to include Him more in my hopes, dreams and goals, as well as my daily to do's. I really think youi might enjoy the post I wrote in which I wrote about these things. Just in case, here is the address/link.

http://corinesmiles.blogspot.com/2011/03/do-you-have-dream-rewrite.html

There is an amazing balance which the Lord desires for us... to do His will, but also to bring to pass much righteousness of our own accord. I think these two blog posts (this one that you wrote, and the one I wrote noted above) go together well, hand in hand in fact. :)

Happy Easter! :D
Corine :D
corinesmiles.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP