Related Posts with Thumbnails

WFW

>> Wednesday, January 26, 2011



The Message Bible puts it this way....vs. 34-36....

Jesus said, "I tell you most solemnly that anyone who chooses a life of sin is trapped in a dead-end life and is, in fact, a slave. A slave is a transient, who can't come and go at will. The Son, though, has an established position, the run of the house. So if the Son sets you free, you are free through and through.

Are we FREE?   If Jesus has set us free from sin and death, then we are to walk in that freedom.  

What is holding us back?  Are we tangled in barbed wire?


Is there "Jesus Freedom" in our marriages, our homes and our children?


Is there "Jesus Freedom" in our workplace, in our relationships.


Is there "Jesus Freedom" in our churches, in our own worship and devotions?


Is there "Jesus Freedom" in our character?  Are we free from fear and bondage? 


Is there "Jesus Freedom" in our hearts and in our thoughts?  Are we overcomers in our thinking?  Are our minds renewed and transformed by the Word of God?


Father, I ask that You would show us today those areas that we need new and fresh freedom in our lives.  Lord open up our hearts and minds and our eyes to see those areas that are entangled and holding us back from living in true freedom in You.  Thank You for Your goodness and mercy that covers us in our failings.  And thank You for Your marvelous grace to help us to change and walk in Your freedom.  In Jesus Name. Amen!


For more WFW encouragement, visit Internet Cafe Devotions.


Blessings of true freedom!

21 comments:

Donna January 26, 2011 at 7:06 AM  

A great word for today and love the graphic! We do have freedom in Jesus! And I am thankful that He has provided total freedom in every area of our lives! Let us walk in that freedom!

Blessings to you this WFW!

Susan January 26, 2011 at 7:33 AM  

Hey Mary!

I've missed you. Great and powerful word for today.

Hope all is well.

Have a blessed day today♥

Dorie January 26, 2011 at 10:04 AM  

Mary, thank you for such words of grace and encouragement. May the Lord set me free from those areas where I am still 'entangled' and not free to live in Him.

lori January 26, 2011 at 11:11 AM  

Just finished the new Breaking Free and THIS is perfect!

Love it!!

peace Mary!
lori

Bobbi January 26, 2011 at 11:19 AM  

Funny...how freedom takes hard work sometimes. I don't think we think this right off...but it's true. Love to you...and thanks for this challenge.

Heidi January 26, 2011 at 11:44 AM  

Great image for that Scripture. We don't have to be tangled up any more because He makes us FREE!

HollyC January 26, 2011 at 1:39 PM  

This is a great post! I do feel so 'bound' sometimes by the pressures of life and its a struggle for me, sometimes, to find that freedom that He's provided for me! Thank you for sharing and Happy WFW.
Blessings,
~Holly

Peggy (mazmagi) January 26, 2011 at 2:53 PM  

ohhhh Mary... AMEN! Great WORD and power! Beautiful Message and photo! I thank God for sending you to my WFW so that I could come here and be so blessed by this as if you knew I was doing Beth Moore's study on Breaking Free! It's a God thing!!!

Wonderful questions of reflection! I am blessed by your prayer! I am so thankful that who the Son sets free is free indeed!!! No more barb wires or walls... Be blessed i His Freedom, Mary!

Peace and JOY,
Peggy

Melissa January 26, 2011 at 7:00 PM  

Amen! It's so important for us to accept that freedom and walk in it. It can be hard to do, but I believe we are called to do it.

Nancie (More Than Conquerors) January 26, 2011 at 8:43 PM  

Hi Mary,

Thank our Lord Jesus Christ that we have true freedom in Him! Lovely picture and verse. Thanks for sharing with us. Thanks for your visit and encouragement. It's nice to hear from you. Take care and may God shower His many blessings on you.

Warm regards,
Nancie

jhunnelle January 26, 2011 at 11:44 PM  

Thank you for this inspiring post, praying the same prayer.

www.theemissarysfeet.wordpress.com

Cathy January 27, 2011 at 12:20 AM  

A great picture for that verse ~

Janis@Open My Ears Lord January 27, 2011 at 12:44 AM  

"Jesus Freedom"--I like the thought and truth captured here. To walk in His freedom would be like floating on air.
Loved your graphic, too. You, people who can do that are so talented.

Blessings,
Janis

Laurencita January 27, 2011 at 2:15 AM  

A great word, yes! we are free to live with Him.

the all-around mom January 27, 2011 at 2:18 PM  

Love the picture, especially the verse. Yes, we are truly free because of Jesus! Blessings to you. :)

Joan January 27, 2011 at 6:15 PM  

I love this, Mary. For freedom Christ has set us free!

blessings,
Joan

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet January 29, 2011 at 11:36 AM  

Definitely needed this! When we have Jesus in all parts of our life, we can't go wrong. We should breathe Jesus.

HollyC January 31, 2011 at 9:31 AM  

Hi Mary,
Just stopping back by to tell you that I've awarded you with the Stylish Blogger award! You can pick it up at my blog if you like.
Blessings,
~Holly

Missie February 27, 2011 at 6:08 PM  

I so needed this, I have felt so trapped lately...and it is my own fault. thank you

Corine April 24, 2011 at 11:09 PM  

I know! I know the answer!!! For every commandment of Jesus Christ's which we do keep... we obtain a direct freedom in relation to that commandment. For every commandment which we break, we become in bondage to some degree. We are as free as we are obedient; for every commandment is simply a gateway to freedom.

Thanks for your post. I'm so thankful that He lives and loves us. I'm so thankful for the Atonement and ressurrection, and that I can be forgiven of every sin which I repent of. I'm so thankful for commandments that keep me free! :D
Corine :D
corinesmiles.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP