Related Posts with Thumbnails

WFW

>> Wednesday, October 20, 2010




 

Trust in the LORD with all your heart 
And do not lean on your own understanding.
Proverbs 3:5
We say this verse with such ease.  I found myself the past couple weeks really messing up in this area.  

We are to trust with ALL of our heart.  Not just a piece here and a piece there.  Not just to trust in the area of finances and not trust in the area of relationships or our children or our spouse.

I realized that I was not trusting God with my whole heart, and I was actually trying to lean on my own understanding, which  brought anxiousness and fear and unrest to my heart.

I was doing the opposite of God's Word, which is called disobedience of course.  Sometimes it takes a hammer to break through my own thinking and stubbornness.  I needed to repent for my lack of trusting God in this area. After I repented, my heart was at peace.  Not because the situation was fixed, but because I laid it in God's lap.  He knows how to fix it. And I don't want to get in His way.  He does it better than I can!

I'm so thankful that God is so faithful and His loving kindness to me is everlasting....moment by moment.

For more WFW posts that will bless your heart, visit Internet Cafe Devotions.

Blessings!!

10 comments:

Amanda October 20, 2010 at 6:29 AM  

Amen Mary... I think we all fall into the same trap of thinking we can do things our way, or on our own, or even to help the Lord along a little. It takes so much energy at times, and then He says, to Let go and let God. Phew! What a relief when we realise we were holding on when we needed to let go.

Beautiful WFW... I enjoyed it.

Bless you Mary and happy WFW!

Angel October 20, 2010 at 10:38 AM  

Good reminder that we are to trust Him with ALL our heart, not just a portion. I'm joining you from WFW today. Love your blog! Blessings to you.

MCH Boys Ranch, Inc. October 20, 2010 at 10:53 AM  

We all need that reminder at times to trust HIM with EVERYTHING! Lovely post....Thanks for stopping by.

Peggy October 20, 2010 at 11:41 AM  

AMEN and blessings Mary... what a great testimony in your transparency and message in this real life lesson.

Many times we hear the WORD so often, we take it for granted without seeing all that it entails and we are awakened to the whole truth! Trust is difficult enough without realizing that it needs to be with our entire heart in all areas...this was well said and so beautifully depicted!

We all need to be reminded by this. Even short verses, we know well, speak volumes when we do not follow them. Thanks for opening your heart! Blessed by your heart, Word, graphic and Kisses from heaven!

EnJOY WFW!
Peggy

Cathy October 20, 2010 at 3:05 PM  

A great WFW, thank you ~ Blessings ~

Wanda October 20, 2010 at 3:58 PM  

Mary, I can relate to what you've shared so well. And it goes along with Sunday's message at my church. There are some places we tend try to work out ourselves, only to end up weary.

Toia October 20, 2010 at 8:00 PM  

Amen!! Thanks for sharing your heart. I can relate to this is so many ways than one. Your post is a great testimony for anyone who has trust issues concerning God. May you keep on trusting God and leaning not to your own understanding. Blessings to you!!

Ozjane October 20, 2010 at 11:57 PM  

Love the graphic of the heart and it matches that verse so well.
It was the verse that He used to lead me out of a very political denomination (good local church) at a very strategic time.
I was going to follow my own understanding and stick it out....He said no. It saved me having to leave some months later with all my fellow elders.

Janis@Open My Ears Lord October 21, 2010 at 10:30 PM  

Great graphic and profound thoughts.

Blessings to you,
Janis

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP