Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Thursday, October 28, 2010


Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever.
1 Chronicles 16:34
I soooo love Thankful Thursday!!

I'm so thankful that we had a wonderful time with my brother from Southeast Asia, the past month.  Lots of coffee, laughter, encouragement and fellowship!  What a blessed time together!  My sis and I took him back to Omaha yesterday. As tradition goes, we were able to go a movie together.  We chose Secretariat, the true story of a race horse.  It was FABULOUS!


Yesterday, my hubby preached at a funeral service for a dear precious saint that went to be with Jesus.  It was a celebration of her graduation into Eternity.  I'm so thankful that we could be a part of her life and so very thankful that we were able to be with her as she entered into Glory.  That was an amazing experience. Shortly after she left this earth, I saw her dancing and heard music.  I was quite humbled that God would allow me to see that.  How precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints.   Psalm 116:15


This morning I'm so thankful to be here in my home.  On the way home from Omaha last night, we hit a deer.  We hung on and hit that thing straight on.  It didn't even shake my Suburban, but it did take out the grill and did some damage.  The Suburban wouldn't drive.  We waited in the dark on the side of the road for 45 minutes til my hubby was able to pick us up.  The people that saw it happen came over to see if we were okay and offered to take us someplace to wait.  But we were in the middle of the "boonies", there was no place to go and wait!  Thank you Lord for Your holy angels that surround us!



I'm so thankful for the goodness and mercy of God.  For His grace that empowers us to live rightly and do what He asks us to do.  
For more thankful hearts, visit Lynn at Spiritually Unequal Marriage.

Blessings!!

3 comments:

pam October 28, 2010 at 10:52 AM  

Oh glory...so thankful you survived the deer hit. I grew up with so many around us and managed to avoid them...but they always told us to NOT SWERVE....so YAY for you. Not sure if I could do that.

It is precious to be with a family or person as they go home...I feel like I'm on holy ground.

Hope your weekend is grand!

bp October 28, 2010 at 11:07 AM  

Glad you were safe as you waited after the deer incident.

Have a good weekend.

LaughingLady October 28, 2010 at 12:05 PM  

And thank goodness for cell phones so you could CALL your husband after you hit the deer! Man, remember life without them? You might have been waiting there an awful lot longer than just 45 minutes!! So thankful no one was hurt.

I love that you call the funeral service her "graduation into Eternity" and that you shared that verse. What a wonderful reminder of how GOD views our deaths. That He obviously takes pleasure in the fact that we will now be with Him once we're released from our earthly bodies.

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP