Related Posts with Thumbnails

WFW

>> Wednesday, September 22, 2010



 

Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit 
through the bond of peace.
Ephesians 4:3 International version

These are the Monarch butterflies as they are migrating through our yard a couple days this week.  They fly in large groups together as they head South for the winter. We had hundreds and hundreds flying around our yard.  It was absolutely magical.

As the butterflies lined up on the branches, it made me think of the unity of the Body of Christ. 

I have come to know so many gals who walk around wounded because of a hurt or offense from someone in the family of God. We need to understand that we are all human.  And we will all make mistakes.  Even Believers make mistakes....gasp!  And we can hurt one another, even without knowing it....more gasp!

Our job is to know that we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, Ephesians 6.  We need to remember  who is our enemy.  But our other job is to walk in unity for that is the Father's heart desire for each one of us.  And that means, choose to forgive.  No matter what, we must forgive those who hurt us or say stupid things.  

I want to be an ambassador of the Lord Jesus Christ.  And if I carry around junk and icky thoughts toward others, it not only "dirties" the testimony of Jesus Christ in me, it also stands in the way of what God wants to do in me and how He wants to use me in the Kingdom.

The Message Bible puts Eph. 4:3 this way...

And mark that you do this with humility and discipline—not in fits and starts, 
but steadily, pouring yourselves out for each other in acts of love, 
alert at noticing differences and quick at mending fences.

How many times do we forgive?  Jesus said 70 times 7.  Guess that means over and over and over again.

Father, cover me in your grace that gives me the ability to forgive those who have hurt or wounded me or spoke unkind words to me. I give those things to You for You understand the hurt that is in my heart.  I take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.  Bring healing to my heart and mind.  Help me to choose to forgive at all times.  Help me to love others with Your unconditional love. In Jesus Name, Amen.


For more WFW visit the Internet Cafe

Blessings!!


9 comments:

Amanda September 22, 2010 at 8:15 AM  

oh wow... what a powerful WFW! Sometimes our hurt is valid, and God uses it to dig deeper into underlying issues... other times, we simply need to toughen up and get over petty offenses.

It is so true, we need to see that our wrestling is not flesh and blood but an enemy who knows our sore points and loves to jab at them. I tell myself often, "eyes on Jesus". We must try not to give satan an inch, but fighting or being offended with our brethren.

God bless you, for a great WFW.

Ozjane September 22, 2010 at 9:01 AM  

So true and so much of the answer is in an attitude of humility.
Love the butterflies.

Michele Williams September 22, 2010 at 9:53 AM  

Beautiful post... Thank you for sharing...

Wanda September 22, 2010 at 12:35 PM  

Lovely photo and a great devotional for us all.

Peggy September 22, 2010 at 2:23 PM  

Blessings Mary... What an absolutely magnificent photo of the Monarchs...
and beautiful chosen verse & devotional!!! Much too ponder in your powerful thoughts! AMEN! to your prayer and the UNITY in Christ's body. Thank you for sharing the glory of the Monarchs on their way back to Mexico, I'm glad that they rested there.

Love & peace...enJOY WFW!
Peggy

Toia September 22, 2010 at 2:59 PM  

Awesome!!! I love the analogy you used about the butterflies. Great words of wisdom!! I come in agreement with your prayer in the name of Jesus!! Blessings to you!!

Debbie September 22, 2010 at 6:36 PM  

Forgive, forgive and keep on forgiving. You're so right; we need to know who the enemy really is. There are always two sides to any disagreement. May we take responsibility to reach out first even if we believe it's not our fault.

Jenileigh September 24, 2010 at 9:13 AM  

This is awesome. So beautifully written and so very true. I love the quote from the Message too. I love reading the Message. I needed to hear this. Thanks so much. :) I want to be used by Him for the Kingdom as well.

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP