Related Posts with Thumbnails

WFW

>> Wednesday, August 11, 2010



Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him...
Psalm 37:7

The Message Bible puts it this way....

Quiet down before God
Be prayerful before Him

Life gets so very busy and "noisy".  We all have so much stuff to do.  How much of those things that we do will have an effect on eternity?  How much of the stuff is just distractions from being able to hear the Lord clearly in our lives?  Do we take the time to be with Him and quiet our hearts in His presence?  Or do we allow the stuff to pull us away?

Lord, help me to quiet down before You.  I have so many responsibilities and so many distractions that pull me away from my time with You.  Help me to run to You and rest in Your presence.  For that's where I gain my strength and my joy and my peace.  In His Name!

For more WFW run on over to the Internet Cafe Devotions.  You will be blessed!

Blessings....

14 comments:

Susan August 11, 2010 at 7:29 AM  

Great word Mary!

I needed this today.

Blessings to you my friend♥

Beth in NC August 11, 2010 at 7:30 AM  

That is so beautiful. The picture looks like such a peaceful place TO REST. Ah.

Bless you & Happy WFW!
Beth

Amanda August 11, 2010 at 7:42 AM  

Wow, so many convicting WFW today. The Lord is wanting to speak to us and He is using this meme to do it... Amen.

Bless you!

Amanda
www.amandassecretgarden.com

Ozjane August 11, 2010 at 8:12 AM  

I love it..the picture just fits those words beautifully.

Daughter of the KING August 11, 2010 at 8:13 AM  

Really like your photo, Mary. Great post!

Blessings,
Linda J

Denise August 11, 2010 at 8:26 AM  

There is no better rest, than His rest.

lori August 11, 2010 at 8:38 AM  

What a difference DAILY rest has made in my days...Stepping outside of my own busy~ness to find some rest in Him...

THAT water does look mighty refreshing!

peace,
lori

Wanda August 11, 2010 at 11:40 AM  

Great way you put things in perspective Mary. Much of want we don't has little impact on eternity. Beautiful photo.

MyJourneyBack August 11, 2010 at 3:49 PM  

Beautful peaceful photo thanks for sharing this. Thanks for the reminder to rest in Him.

Peggy August 11, 2010 at 7:02 PM  

Blessings Mary and love this KISSES FROM HEAVEN!!! I needed this... both the Kiss & the REST...to quiet down.

To be calm before Him and soak as I listen!!! Beautiful choice of photo, soooo peaceful looking and the right choice of Word added to an anointed message and PRAYER!!! I need to do that more regularly share a prayer on my posts... because I so love it when others do! AMEN!!! Let it be so! Thank you for your visit so I don't miss out on what God wants for me!

Peggy
(PS...hopefully much of what I'm doing counts for eternity or will have an effect(I think that was your question) or else I'm not in the right place)

Donna August 19, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

The picture is beautiful for the scripture! I like how The Message Bible puts it. Yes, we all need daily quiet times with God. Thanks for reminding us to rest in Him.

Blessings to you today!

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP