Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Thursday, June 24, 2010


You did it: you changed wild lament 
into whirling dance; 
You ripped off my black mourning band 
and decked me with wildflowers. 
I'm about to burst with song; 
I can't keep quiet about you.
God, my God, 
I can't thank you enough.
Psalm 30:12

It's Thankful Thursday! Yippee!   What a great day to give our heavenly Daddy thanks for His goodness and His mercy!

My daughter Lydia and her hubby Chris are moving to take on a new position as worship pastors at a growing new church plant.  This is a huge opportunity for them.  They're both in school but the church wants them really really bad, so they are starting now and still finishing their schooling.

On Monday, I went to their apartment (65 miles away) and Lydia and I packed up her kitchen and her fragile things. It's amazing how much stuff we accumulate!  I went back down on Wednesday and we loaded the stuff up in our vehicles and took it all to their new apt. in Omaha.  My other daughter Hannah drove an hour and a half to come help load and get some more packing done.  These 2 sisters are sweet friends.

We got the kitchen cupboards lined with contact paper, and Chris unpacked boxes and Lydia loaded up her shelves and drawers.  So on Saturday when they move the furniture in, the kitchen and bathroom is already done. 

That was an amazing inspiration from God to make things go easier for us all.

I'm so thankful that He cares about the details of our lives. God blessed the day with sunshine and gave us strength to get the job done.

For more thankful hearts, visit Iris as Grace Alone...

Blessings on you as your heart bursts with thankfulness to our great God!

5 comments:

Brooke June 24, 2010 at 1:17 PM  

i love those verses from the Psalms and truly know what its like for him to come through for me.

that's awesome that not even out of school yet your daughter and sil are being given such a good opportunity!

Joan Davis June 24, 2010 at 2:53 PM  

Thank you for sharing the blessings in your family! What a joy it is to serve the Lord through worship!

I also love your verse - a wonderful encouragement!

Living for Him,Joan

Whidbey Woman June 24, 2010 at 8:33 PM  

Yes.. God does care about the smallest details of our lives. What a blessing! Happy to hear the news about your family. That is a big detail, which God designed! Alleluia.

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP