Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Thursday, June 3, 2010


For You have been my help, 
and in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy.
Psalm 63:7
I love Thankful Thursday!  It lets me praise my God for His goodness to those around me.

I'm so thankful for the blessing of grandbabies!  We went to our oldest granddaughter's ballet recital last Friday.  Gracie just turned 6 years old.  She wore a blue and white costume...she looked like a little blueberry with cool whip on top.  This Nana just wanted to run up on stage and squeeze her to pieces! 

I'm so thankful for the beautiful weather lately.  We've been able to sit on the deck for our meals and bask in the beauty and the gift of the day.  God is showering us with kisses from heaven as we hear the birds sing and enjoy our garden.  It's hard to leave that place of rest and get back to our responsibilities.

I'm so thankful that as I have been in a desert trial lately ~ ever feel like you're in the desert? ~ and in the midst of it, God has taught me so much and filled my heart with great joy.  There were days I felt like I was eating sand!   And now I feel like I'm drinking from His river of living water that is flowing over me. 

I'm so thankful for His goodness!!  I'm so thankful that my heart is filled with fresh joy!

For more Thankful hearts, visit our host Iris at Grace Alone...

Blessings on your day!

4 comments:

Denise June 3, 2010 at 7:35 AM  

Praise God for bringing you through the desert, and restoring your joy.

Martianne June 3, 2010 at 8:02 AM  

Indeed, I have felt like I am in a desert before. But, I know, when we thirst for Him, he quenches our thirst. He'll do so for you. Keep counting blessings...

Debbie June 3, 2010 at 2:49 PM  

Mary, I think this is my first visit to your blog but I'm loving it. I've been in a desert for some time now and I even physically live in the desert of Arizona. But those spiritual deserts can be challenging but also a time of pruning. I know I will be more thankful as time goes on. I too am enjoying the outdoors and watching the wildlife early in the morning.

Blessings,
Debbie

Missie June 3, 2010 at 4:05 PM  

I have felt desert-ish, I just didn' realize it. Thanks for your words today!

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP