Related Posts with Thumbnails

To Be a Blessing

>> Monday, June 28, 2010



If your home is in disarray
A bouquet of fresh flowers makes it all okay.
                                                                                                          meu


And a cup of coffee helps too!  And maybe a candle and a little chocolate!

I cut some flowers from my garden last week and had a nice candle burning on my counter.  The thought came to me that no matter what the rest of the house looks like or what's going on in my life, if there are fresh flowers, there's a change in the attitude of my own heart, and it's all going to be okay.  Maybe it's a reminder for me to stop and smell the flowers.

Aside from my relationship with Jesus and everything He is to me, the bouquet of flowers brought a kiss from heaven to my heart and I knew that everything was going to be okay. I love how God uses anything to speak to our hearts  and lets us know that it's all going to be okay because He never leaves us nor forsakes us.  

So because of that little moment, I took a bouquet of flowers to my daughter on their moving day on Saturday.  With the incredible heat and not alot of people able to help unload the truck, and being in the midst of the moving mess, her eyes teared up as I handed the flowers to her.  I was so thankful that I listened and obeyed when God put it in my heart to get flowers for her.  Sometimes I brush away those thoughts that flitter through my head.

Doesn't God want to use us to bless others...even in what we might think is a little thing, yet it  means so much to the receiver? 

I try to take flowers to church each Sunday during the summer.  Yesterday, I got to church and realized I had forgotten the bouquet I had already made up earlier that morning.  I was strongly encouraged to run back home and get them, which I did.

An elderly friend walked into church and looked toward the flowers on the counter.  She said she was wondering what kind of flowers I brought that day and couldn't wait to get to church to see the bouquet.  After the service, I told this friend to take the flowers home with her and enjoy them this week.  She was so blessed that I would give her such a gift.  

Again, I am learning to fine tune my listening ear to those little whispers from God to be a blessing.
Luke 6:38 says to give to others and it will be given back to you without measure.  As I have cut and given more flowers from my garden, God has blessed back abundantly in fullness.  My garden is flourishing as I give it away. 

Father, open up my ears to hear You more clearly.  Let me not brush away those impulses from Your heart.  And give me a heart to obey instantly that I would be a blessing and an extension of Your love to those around me. In Jesus Name. Amen

2 comments:

Missie June 28, 2010 at 12:10 PM  

Beautiful post, thank you!

partialemptynester June 28, 2010 at 2:16 PM  

Sounds like your garden is like God's love...the more you give away, the more He's gives you! Love that!

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP