Related Posts with Thumbnails

WFW

>> Wednesday, May 26, 2010



With long life I will satisfy him, 
And show him My salvation.”
Psalm 91:16
Happy Birthday to my mom!  She's 89 years today.  

I just want to honor her on her special day.
My mom taught me so many things. 

She taught me how to hear God and how to fear Him 
and walk in obedience.

She taught me how to live and love the Word 
as she read and prayed in the wee hours of the morning each day.

She taught me how to walk in faith and not fear, 
no matter what the circumstances, 
even when my grandparents home was taken in a tornado.

She taught me how to believe in miracles.

She taught me the power of prayer and seeking His face.

She taught me how to forgive those who use you 
and how to love the unlovely neighbor.

She taught me how to be a wife and a mom and a grandmother.

She taught me the importance of family 
as we gathered around the big dining room table.

She taught me about gift of hospitality 
as she invited people into our home and treated them as royalty.

She taught me about community and volunteering 
as she worked to better our little town.

A year ago, her husband of 67 years went ahead of her to be with Jesus ~ 
mom has taught me that she has no voids in her life
because Jesus is there with her.

Mom continues to show me how to be a woman filled with grace.

She is so beautiful.

I want to be like her when I grow up!


For more WFW, visit our fabulous host Susan at Forever His.

Blessings...

13 comments:

GlowinGirl May 26, 2010 at 5:34 AM  

Mary, it sounds like you're already on your way to being like your mom. What a beautiful way to honor her this morning.

She is truly a beautiful lady!

Joan May 26, 2010 at 6:43 AM  

Your mom is a very wise woman. How blessed you are to have her. Have a wonderful day and wish your mom a happy birthday from those of us in blogland.

Susan May 26, 2010 at 7:12 AM  

Yes Mary,

She is indeed BEAUTIFUL!!!!! What a treasure to have your mom.

She is truly a Proverbs 31 woman.

I would of love to have known her.

Give her a big hug and birthday wish from me!!

Ozjane May 26, 2010 at 9:10 AM  

Lovely tribute to your Mum...I shared some photos of mine on Mothers Day. She died about a month short of her 90th birthday and I was able to rejoice that the angels had her birthday party in hand.

SnoWhite {Finding Joy in My Kitchen} May 26, 2010 at 12:50 PM  

Wow! What a special blessing to celebrate her today :)

shopannies May 26, 2010 at 1:11 PM  

she looks very happy. Happy Birthday to your mom. What a sweet tribute to create a post for her

Maxine May 26, 2010 at 1:41 PM  

Very lovely tribute to your mom. She sounds like a wonderful woman to have as a mom.

Denise May 26, 2010 at 2:58 PM  

Such a beautiful tribute to your dear mom. Praying for her to have a very blessed birthday.

Cherie May 26, 2010 at 5:05 PM  

A beautiful tribute!

Laurie May 26, 2010 at 6:13 PM  

What a wonderful gift your mom has given you; the gift of living as a godly woman. And now you have blessed her with this gift of honoring her for her birthday. And yes, I believe you are already like her. Happy Birthday to her!
Hugs and joy,
Laurie

Whidbey Woman May 26, 2010 at 7:58 PM  

A beautiful tribute to your mother on her birthday! Thanks for sharing her with us this WFW. God bless you both.

Bear May 26, 2010 at 9:06 PM  

Wow! What an awesome testimony! Your mother is certainly blessed on this birthday! :-)

Lisa May 28, 2010 at 7:46 PM  

Happy Birthday to your mom! She sounds like an incredible woman!

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP