Related Posts with Thumbnails

WFW

>> Wednesday, April 28, 2010




Pleasant words are like a honeycomb,
sweetness to the soul and health to the bones.
Proverbs 16:24

This picture is of our Spring Snow Crab tree in our backyard.  We actually have 2 of them together.  They are absolutely beautiful. And the fragrance fills our yard with a sweet-vanilla-honey aroma.  It's breathtaking!  I think we're in heaven!

If our pleasant words have a fragrance like our trees, I suppose our hurtful fleshly words have the odor of a wet pig lot.  That odor causes me to gag, literally.  I certainly don't want people around me to gag at negative words that come out of my mouth.  I want people to smell the fragrance and think they are in heaven at the words of love and encouragement that come from me.  May we be a true reflection of Jesus to those around us.

This is a picture of the two Spring Snow Crabs in our back yard.  They are yummy!   Can a tree be yummy??

For more WFW visit our host Susan.

Blessings!

7 comments:

partialemptynester April 28, 2010 at 9:16 AM  

Oh yes, a tree can be yummy, oh so yummy! Love the verse with the tree! Thanks for the smile, it's a wonderful WFW post!

Missie April 28, 2010 at 9:31 AM  

So true! I try to make, as much as I can, everything that comes out of my mouth positive!
Thanks for sharing!

Susan April 28, 2010 at 10:14 AM  

Yes Mary, the tree is YUMMY, absolutely GORGEOUS.

I want one too!

And what a powerful illustration on our words.

I pray for the Lord to put a gaurd on my lips for sure.

Thanks so much for joining us today at WFW. Have a blessed day♥

GlowinGirl April 28, 2010 at 11:55 AM  

I can just smell it! And boy would I rather be a fragrant blossom than a smelly pig lot. What a picture I have of my words now!

Bobbi April 28, 2010 at 2:17 PM  

Ironically, I have cleveland pear trees that stink like feet when in full bloom....very weird twist on that thought, eh. I'll trade ya a yummy tree!!

Joan April 28, 2010 at 7:03 PM  

Beautiful trees! I love your analogy of hurtful words - never thought of them like that, but certainly hurtful words are harmful.

Blessings,
Joan

Cathy April 29, 2010 at 5:51 PM  

Beautiful ~ Your trees are so pretty. Blessings ~

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP