Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Thursday, April 29, 2010

Oh, how I love Thankful Thursday.  Just the thought of it touches my heart in such a way that I am drawn closer to Jesus.  Probably because being a part of Thankful Thursday has built in me the character of being grateful.  And not only being grateful, but expressing that gratitude here and to those around me.  I am blessed!

I wasn't going to do a post today....you know how we all get so busy with the life stuff.  But as I was checking Iris's post at Grace Alone, she was talking about the book Thin Places. The author talks about those moments where the division between heaven and earth begins to fade. 

I started to cry - of course - I am a bawl baby in the Kingdom of God. I want more of those "thin places" in my life. 

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they shall be satisfied.
Matthew 5:6

I hunger and thirst for more of Him.  And His promise to me is that I will be satisfied!  

The thin places - those places that no matter what is going on, you can feel the breath of God on your face and you know that He is right there with you.  Those places that you capture a fragrance that cannot be explained or a breeze like an angel wing moves across your face.  Those places that you know if you closed your eyes and took one step, you would be caught up in another realm.

The thin places ~ when the veil between heaven and earth begins to fade.

Anyway....I'm so thankful for today. 

For more thankful hearts, visit Lynn.

Blessings!

7 comments:

Missie April 29, 2010 at 8:25 AM  

Those moments are truly amazing...i crave more of them too!

shopannies April 29, 2010 at 1:20 PM  

they leave a taste in our spirit that leaves us desiring more that is for sure

Joshlin April 29, 2010 at 8:11 PM  

I never thought of those moments as "thin places". I really like that! Thanks for the reminder of His promis to satisfie our thirst! I needed that!

Pia April 29, 2010 at 8:44 PM  

i love those things you call "thin places". i love to experience those too.

More Than Conquerors April 30, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

Hi Mary,

I love Thankful Thursday too! It has helped me to count my blessings and be more thankful. I am always encouraged to read yours and the many ladies encouraging thankful lists. Thank God for special moments of fellowship with Him. These are so precious! Thanks for your kind visit and encouragement. Take care and have a blessed day!

Warm regards,
Nancie

Lynn April 30, 2010 at 6:59 PM  

The thin places - those places that no matter what is going on, you can feel the breath of God on your face and you know that He is right there with you.

Oh Mary, me too. I can't wait to meet you one day my friend. Love you.

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP