Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday Quote

>> Friday, April 16, 2010


Put yourself in a place to receive from God.

This is something I tell myself and my friends all the time.  It's interesting that the Word Filled Wednesday meme this week had a lot of posts about being still and resting in Him.

We tell ourselves to be still and be quiet before the Lord, but the things around us pull us in all different directions.  

We as women are gifted to be able to multi-task in many ways.  

But when it comes to our quiet time with Jesus, resting in Him, abiding in Him, seeking His face, we need to shut down everything around us and focus on His love.

We must grab ahold of that place that we can tell the Father how much we love Him.  That place where we can sit in His lap and allow Him to love on us.  That place where we can just BE with Him.  Maybe some of us need to get up earlier in the morning to be with Him.

No matter what we're called to do in life...whether we are in the corporate structure, volunteering,  surrounded by little children, or have our own business...we must find that place where we can connect with the Father during the day. 

I tell some of my friends in the corporate world to take a break in the restroom and love on God. Let Him know how much you love Him and how much you need Him.  It keeps the connection fresh throughout the busy day.  Same with mommies and babies.  God knows that we are all busy with life.  But when we take the time to meet with Him, He will meet us at that point.  James 4:8..."Draw near to Me and I will draw near to you....".

We can quiet our hearts even in the midst of the busyness.  And if we would keep that precious connection with the Father throughout the day, we will accomplish what needs to be accomplished and be at peace in the midst of it all.

Have a blessed day filled with His peace!

2 comments:

Sherry April 16, 2010 at 8:37 AM  

What a wonderful post! My time to rest with God is in the morning time before anyone is up. I love getting to read His Word and talk to Him.

Have a great weekend!
Sherry

Missie April 16, 2010 at 9:40 AM  

Thanks for sharing! I have such a hard time quieting myself and it will really bring me closer to where I want to be in my relationship with Him.

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP