Related Posts with Thumbnails

WFW

>> Wednesday, March 10, 2010


As the deer pants for the water,
so my soul pants for You, O God.
Psalm 42:1

I used to think that something was wrong with me when I felt an aching in my heart that I could not explain. Then I heard someone on a CD say this... "Do you ever feel like there's an aching in your heart that you can't explain? That's a hunger for more of God". I knew that was me. And it was a hunger that God placed in my heart so that I would run hard after Him. It's been an amazing marathon! God will meet us when we run after Him.

May you hunger and thirst for more of Him that causes you to run harder after everything He has for you today.

For more WFW, pop over to Lori's at All You Have to Give.

Blessings!

15 comments:

Joyfull March 10, 2010 at 10:10 AM  

Beautiful! What an encouraging post. May we always recognize that hunger and thirst for His presence.

Lisa March 10, 2010 at 11:34 AM  

I agree, Mary. What an encouraging and beautiful WFW. I'd never heard it explained quite that way, but I love it!

Hugs,
Lisa

lori March 10, 2010 at 12:21 PM  

He meets us right where we are....Beautiful!

peace on the journey!
running the race!
lori

Peggy March 10, 2010 at 2:04 PM  

Beautiful Mary and sweet blessings!
I love this verse and the imagery in this Psalm! But this photo and light over this bubbling stream refreshes me. I so enjoy the insights you shared...not up to running today but I leisurely will plunge into His Living Water...and I so get this: hungering for Him so much that you run with all you have toward Him & His cross! Thank you for shedding His light in a new direction on this...peggy

April March 10, 2010 at 2:48 PM  

I know the exact feeling! Well said!
Blessings,
April

e-Mom March 10, 2010 at 2:53 PM  

Awesome! Just think, when we're in eternity, there won't be any more heart ache. :~D

LeAnn * ~ See Great Things March 10, 2010 at 2:53 PM  

Ah, yes. I love that verse. The song comes to mind as well; I have not sung it in eons!

Karen March 10, 2010 at 10:55 PM  

Beautiful! Loved this post...

Your header is lovely...

onlinemommy March 11, 2010 at 8:10 AM  

I love singing this verse. This verse brings comforts to my heart.

Debbie March 11, 2010 at 10:42 AM  

Oh Mary, I feel that aching too! Your Scripture and photo are perfect for today.

Blessings and thank you for visiting Heart Choices.

Debbie

Amydeanne March 11, 2010 at 2:11 PM  

that is just lovely!
happy wfw

Twinkle Mom March 11, 2010 at 3:36 PM  

I just read this verse in a book I am working through! WOW WOW WOW! Talk about a great reminder! Love this

Joan March 11, 2010 at 6:56 PM  

Beautiful picture and such an encouraging verse.

Blessings,
Joan

Lisa March 11, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Ozjane March 12, 2010 at 6:01 AM  

I used to love the chorus
As the deer panteth for the water....

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP