Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Thursday, May 28, 2009


My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me
John 10:27

I'm so thankful that God gives us ears to hear His voice. I believe that He's speaking to us more than what we actually hear. Maybe it's because as we know with our own children, we have "selected" hearing. Do we have the same "selected" hearing with our Father God?

What do we do when God speaks very clearly about calling up a neighbor that doesn't know Him and ask them out for coffee? I ponder on that - over analyze those words - and come to the conclusion that it was just my own thought. Well, I can tell you this....I wouldn't have a thought like that on my own. It's Jesus in me that speaks to my heart in such a way.

I'm so thankful that God covers me in His grace and so tenderly speaks to me again. I'm continually learning to hear and obey....right now.

I'm so thankful for my little granddaughter that had her ballet dance recital. She was so incredibly cute of course! As she's standing on stage after her dance, she spotted her fan club of our family, and as the other little girls trotted off, our little Gracie stood there grinning at us! It made a memory for sure!!

I'm so thankful for the celebration of Memorial Day last Monday. It was a precious time of honoring those that have fought for our freedoms in this country.

For more thankful hearts, visit Lynn.

Blessings!!

4 comments:

Denise May 28, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

Such a great thankful post sweetie.

Jerralea May 28, 2009 at 10:07 AM  

Thanks for pointing out that we may have "selective" hearing. I believe you're right! I agree too that often I tell myself, "that was just my own thought." I think part of it is that we're scared we're going to act on something thinking it was God and make a mistake. Well, God's big enough He can use a mistake and turn it for good!

Angela May 28, 2009 at 1:10 PM  

I'm so thankful that God covers me in His grace and so tenderly speaks to me again. I'm continually learning to hear and obey....right now.
I LOVED this statement. You have such a beautiful blog, and even more precious b log name.

Lynn June 1, 2009 at 3:18 PM  

Hi Mary,

What a beautiful post. I could just see that baby girl grinning. Precious.

I am just getting around to my TT visits. Thanks for joining in and see you again this week at Lauries... Hugs.

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP