Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Wednesday, May 6, 2009


Honor your father and your mother,
that your days may be long upon the land
which the LORD your God is giving you.
Exodus 20:12


We're honoring our moms today on Thankful Thursday since Mother's Day is coming up this weekend!

I'm so thankful for my mom. She's an amazing godly woman. She has always had a hunger for the things of God and for His Word. And she and my dad taught us the ways of God and the disciplines of living a life pleasing to the Father.

Mom has an incredible gift of hospitality. I caught it well from her. And for that I am so very very thankful.

There's so many qualities of my mom that I could list....but the one that touches my heart was watching her go through the death of her husband of 67 years recently. She's very strong and she hung on to the Father's hand through it all.

Mom has risen up with a new grace to finish her own course with great joy. She's an example to me in every way. I love her dearly and am so thankful that God put me with the most precious parents.

For more thankful hearts, visit Lynn who is hosting this month.

Blessings and Happy Mother's Day to you!!

13 comments:

Denise May 6, 2009 at 7:40 PM  

Such a beautiful tribute to your dear mom, bless you sweetie.

Pia May 6, 2009 at 8:59 PM  

God bless our moms! great tribute.

Melanie May 6, 2009 at 9:38 PM  

Beautiful post honoring your mother, Mary.

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Grammy May 6, 2009 at 11:04 PM  

She sounds like an awesome mom. Happy mothers day.

Rocks May 7, 2009 at 3:59 AM  

Such a wonderful mom you have.
Blessings!

Princess Sarah May 7, 2009 at 4:45 AM  

A great mom indeed! Thanks for your post. I'm encouraged.

Melissa May 7, 2009 at 7:37 AM  

Thank you for sharing about your mom. She sounds like a wonderful mom.

shopannies May 7, 2009 at 8:03 AM  

My mom was so strong when she went through the death of my father as well. She thinks of him every day but she stays strong. Thank God that he is the one that helps her through it all.

Jerralea May 7, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

Wonderful post honoring your mother! Christian mothers are truly a blessing to the world!

Laurie Ann May 7, 2009 at 11:44 AM  

Beautiful post on your Mother. I love it! Happy Thankful Thursday!

Raise Them Up May 7, 2009 at 1:28 PM  

Sweet! Your mom sounds like a wonderful lady! Thanks for sharing about her!

Blessings

Mom2Valerie May 7, 2009 at 2:48 PM  

What a beautiful post! Moms are truly a blessing from the Lord! And what a blessing that your parents had 67 years together - that is truly amazing!

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP