Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday Quote

>> Friday, March 6, 2009

Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. Colossians 3:2

Here it is in the Message Bible....

"So if you're serious about living this new resurrection life with Christ, act like it. Pursue the things over which Christ presides. Don't shuffle along, eyes to the ground, absorbed with the things right in front of you. Look up, and be alert to what is going on around Christ—that's where the action is. See things from his perspective."

Where do we put our eyes? Because where our eyes go, our heart and our mind will follow.

I want my eyes to focus on Him. I love what David says in Psalm 16:8..."I have set the Lord continually before me...". I believe it's a choice that we must make moment to moment.

When we have trials and struggles and temptations, what are we going to do with them?

Are we going to try to figure them out ourselves?

Are we going to act out our frustrations in the flesh.

Will we walk in fear or will we walk in faith in God and His promises for us?

Will we keep our eyes on the Lord and allow Him to use the situation or circumstance to mold us and shape us into the image of His dear Son?

Lord, I choose to focus my eyes on You this day. I want the Fire of God to burn off those things that are not pleasing to You and draw me closer to You. Thank you for Your power and Your grace in my life to die to myself and live for You and You alone. In Jesus Name. Amen

Blessings on your day!

1 comments:

Melanie March 6, 2009 at 11:06 PM  

Love this quote, Mary. Yes, I want to focus my eyes on Jesus, too.

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP