Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Thursday, January 1, 2009

The faithful love of the Lord never ends,

His mercies never cease

Great is His faithfulness,

His mercies begin a fresh every morning!

Lamentations 3:22-23


I'm so thankful that God gives us a new moment, a new day, a new year, etc. When we stumble and fall ~ and we will ~ He picks us up and gives us a fresh start. I love the new year! I welcome it with open arms and great anticipation of watching what God wants to do in my life, my marriage, my family, my church, my city, etc. etc.

I'm so thankful for my little grandson Jackson who is 2 weeks old and an amazing gift from the Father.

Here he is in all his preciousness! He's a very good baby!

My oldest daughter Hannah spent 3 days with Jackson and his mommy and daddy, so I had Grace and Sam with me. Of course we had fun!

Mike looked at me a few nights ago and commented...
"Mary can you believe we have 3 grandchildren?" It's pretty amazing!

I'm so thankful that no matter what goes on around us, we can live in the peace and the rest of Jesus. On Monday, I took my mom to the hospital because of pneumonia. My brother put my dad in the nursing home for temporary care. My sister, who is the nurse in the family...I'm the one that passes out at any sign of blood...was on vacation, my older brother was on vacation...and my younger brother was leaving for vacation the next day. I was feeling overwhelmed, yet God was gently tugging on me to come into His place of REST. Wow. It was a sweet time in the midst of some chaos.

I don't know how people live these hectic lives without being in the hands of Jesus and holding onto His peace that passes all understanding.

For more thankful hearts, visit Iris.

Blessings on your Brand New Day!

5 comments:

UKZoe January 1, 2009 at 2:13 PM  

My theme for the whole of last year was REST and half way through the year some symptoms that I had been having which turned out to be Sleep Apnoea, got worse and I found myself falling asleep at all sorts of odd occassions, including mid conversation, heeheee

Just to say that Daddy God LOVEs lvoes loves loves it when we REST in him! LOVES IT!

Grammy January 1, 2009 at 3:43 PM  

What a blessing a new baby. and hope 2009 brings you many blessings.

Jennifer January 1, 2009 at 7:09 PM  

Precious new grandson! Truly a blessing from the Father.

Happy New Year and Happy TT!

Denise January 1, 2009 at 8:28 PM  

Jackson is so beyond precious sweetie. Praying many blessings for you in 2009.

Susan January 4, 2009 at 7:33 PM  

Congrats Mary,

Oh, he is just ADORABLE!!!!

I'll be praying for your mom.

Happy New Year♥

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP