Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Wednesday, September 24, 2008


For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
I'm so thankful that God is in control and He has good plans for me, and not only that, but plans that are good for my future - not just far away in the future, but it also means that He has good plans for my tomorrows.

I'm so thankful for Isaiah 1:19, "If we are willing and obedient, we will eat the good of the land". It's more than just being obedient, we must have a willing heart also as we walk in obedience. Did you ever hear of the little boy that was standing up in his classroom, and the teacher asked him to sit down many times. Finally, with great reluctance, the little boy sat down and said "well, I'm sitting down on the outside, but I'm still standing on the inside!" Obedience is not obedience unless the willingness of heart goes with it. Isn't that correct?

I'm so thankful that I got to play with my grand babies last Friday....therefore not getting my Friday Quote posted. Oh well, what's more important? We had so much fun and laughed and giggled and played and hugged and had lots of kisses! Absolutely priceless!

I'm so thankful and incredibly excited that I'm picking up my brother from the airport Thursday. We will have lots of sweet fellowship and encouragement, lots of laughs and pots of coffee. My sister and I make a day of our trip to the airport. And it usually consists of a very long stay at a special nursery that we love to hang out in and spend way too much money of course. Then we try to take in a matinee if there's anything decent in the theater. We're usually the only ones in the theater which is pretty funny ~ and it makes us feel special that they would run a whole movie for just the 2 of us. My brother's plane doesn't come in until evening, so we have a whole day together which is a great blessing.

I'm so thankful for you, my bloggy friends. You're always so encouraging. Thank you so much.

For more thankful hearts, visit Iris.

Blessings on your weekend.

8 comments:

Nancie September 24, 2008 at 9:33 PM  

I'm so thankful too that God is in control and His plans for us are always good! Thanks for this reminder. What a comfort and encouragement! Hope you have a blessed time with your siblings. They are so precious. I am so thankful for you too :) Take care and God bless!

Lynn September 24, 2008 at 9:37 PM  

Mary,

Awesome post as always. Every Thursday when I pop in here I feel like we are old friends catching up.... Love you girl.

Pia September 24, 2008 at 10:01 PM  

awesome verse! love it. God bless you, mary. ♥

Darlene September 24, 2008 at 10:17 PM  

Fabulous post of thanks! Enjoy the time with your sister. I wish my sisters could all get along long enough for us to have some good quality time. You have encouraged me to try something soon with them. Who knows...maybe we will get along!
Thanks for the encouragemtnt!
Sweet Blessings,
Darlene

Susan September 24, 2008 at 10:24 PM  

Hey Mary,

So nice to hear from you. I missed TT last week. I was with my grands too. Aren't they wonderful?

Loved your scripture, one of my favorites.

Hope you have a blessed day my friend~

Debra September 25, 2008 at 7:19 AM  

Mary,

Isaiah verse is such a great reminder! Thank you for this beautiful TT post. Blessings to you today!!

Front Porch Legacy September 25, 2008 at 1:01 PM  

So thankful for His incredible plans!

gail September 25, 2008 at 6:23 PM  

great things to be thankful for. babies are so special--gotta love those giggles and kisses.

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP