Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Wednesday, September 3, 2008

All together now—applause for God!
Sing songs to the tune of his glory,
set glory to the rhythms of his praise.
Say of God, "We've never seen anything like him!"
When your enemies see you in action,
they slink off like scolded dogs.
The whole earth falls to its knees—
it worships you, sings to you,
can't stop enjoying your name and fame.
Psalm 66:1-4


Isn't that a great verse! All together now, everybody, applause for God! WooWhoo!!

That's what Thankful Thursday does for me. It makes me applause God for what He has done in my life the past week. I love it!

I'm so thankful that God is so much bigger than our circumstances. Aren't you?

I'm so thankful that Jesus intercedes for me before the throne. In the midst of a bad day, He ministered to me as I worshipped Him. As I drew near to Him, He Himself drew near to me. And He brought my eyes back to focus on Him! He's so amazing!

I'm so thankful that my little granddaughter Grace calls me on the phone. What a cutie bug! Today, she told me that she was thinking about me because she loves me so much. WOW! Pick up my melted heart! So cute!

I'm so thankful that the snake that was skulking around my garden is now non-existent. My hubby found it under a pot and "took care of it". The thought gives me shivers.

I'm so thankful that my daughter in law is now feeling so much better in her pregnancy and actually enjoying being pregnant. She was pretty sick for those first few months. Now Kassia says that the baby is moving and active and it's so much fun. What a gift of life.

I'm so thankful for the amazing weather that we are having. It's a beautiful beginning of the fall season. So refreshing and such a gift.

I'm so thankful for movies that come out that actually carry a message of hope. There's a new movie coming on Sept. 26 called Fireproof. Check it out!




For more thankful hearts, visit Iris.

Blessings on your day.

7 comments:

Denise September 3, 2008 at 10:13 PM  

Woo Hoo, I love that verse sweetie. I cannot wait to see that movie.

Pia September 4, 2008 at 12:38 AM  

you're so blessed, mary. God is good.

Sharon September 4, 2008 at 4:13 AM  

What a lovely post. yes God is much bigger than our circumstances; the thought makes me sleep better at night.

There's been a snake skulking around my flat...wish I had a big, strong, man around to kill it for me. Aren't you lucky?
God bless you.

sharon - http://thereservoir.wordpress.com

Debra September 4, 2008 at 6:50 AM  

Applause for this post! Good job!

Laurie Ann September 4, 2008 at 11:30 AM  

Applause and loud cheers from Mississippi! I loved this post!!!! Happy Thankful Thursday!

Melanie September 4, 2008 at 12:37 PM  

Wow.. what a GREAT verse!

And I'm so glad you got rid of that snake! EEWWW! ;)

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Marsha September 4, 2008 at 2:31 PM  

Mary, my heart is melting on the floor, too! I have 5 grandchildren and it fills me to overflowing each time I get to talk with them or be with them. I'm actually very excited because I'm finally going to get to meet the 5th grandchild. She was born November 1 of last year. She lives in Kenya with the rest of her family - missionaries to the Maasai people. We leave mid November. I can hardly wait!

I so enjoyed your post.

Have a blessed weekend.

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP