Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday Quote

>> Friday, September 26, 2008

We are a people with passionate hearts created by a passionate God. But what are the things in our lives that require our passion or get in the way of our true passion for God?

Careers can suck our passion ~

Hobbies can steal our passion ~

Opinions can divide our passion ~

Circumstances can destroy our passion ~

Etc... Etc....

I believe that God created us to have a passion for HIM and Him alone....then all other things will fall into right alignment in our lives.

Passion has been heavy on my heart recently. When few show up for a Bible study or for a specific prayer time, I ask the Lord continually, "Where is the passion of our hearts to meet with God and His people?"

I cry out to God for more passion for Him. I cry out for a zeal for Him and for His Word that would consume me of my own self.

Like the quote says, we were born to burn up! I can't worry about others ~ I have to focus on my passion and love for God, His Word and the things of His Kingdom. Like Gideon's army, there may be only a few that follow hard after God ~ and I CHOOSE to be one of them.

Where we put our passions is a choice that we make every day of our lives.

When the eyes of the Lord go to and fro searching the earth to find and strengthen the hearts of those who are completely His (2 Chronicles 16:9b), I stand here in full surrender shouting, "Here I am God! Burn in me! May my heart be COMPLETELY Yours that I would be a reflection of Your glory and grace!"

Blessings as you burn hotter for Him and Him alone!

5 comments:

Linda September 26, 2008 at 11:41 AM  

A wonderful and very convicting post Mary. Thank you for sharing your heart.

The Woodards October 2, 2008 at 8:52 AM  

I like Gideon's army too =) Passion is so important and yet so hard to get if your trust is not completely in God. I just read The Shack and it says a lot about relationships and trust in God etc. which all lead to passion. I love you and thank you for building passion in others!!!
Leann

Susan October 7, 2008 at 8:51 AM  

Amen and Amen, it's time to let that FIRE BURN!!!! No turning back now.

Hey I'm hosting a give a way, come check it out!!

Blessings~

Minister Mamie L. Pack October 12, 2008 at 3:24 PM  

Mary,

Oh, I do agree that we can let so many minor details get in the way of serving our Lord in a passionate way. I constantly evaluate where I am in my walk with God and what distractions I have allowed to hinder keeping a God focused perspective. Thank you for sharing.

with blessings,

Minister Mamie

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP