Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Thursday, August 21, 2008


Come unto Me all who are weary and heavy laden,
and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28


It's Thankful Thursday!! YEAH!!

Here's the same verse in the Message Bible ~

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." Matthew 11:28-30

I'm so thankful that we had an amazing vacation! What a great time to be with family and have fun together. It was a very precious time!

I'm so thankful that my kids love to cook. All of them did the cooking this year. I didn't cook at all. WOW! That was pretty sweet. I felt like a queen. Although I was hoping to wear a tiara .....preferably with lots of diamonds! :)

I'm so thankful that God has provided for us to be able to take this vacation each year. It's so important to be able to get away for a time.

I'm so thankful that He has taught me to be able to find His rest in my daily life...to lay everything at His feet, and climb up in His lap as His precious daughter. That's pretty sweet. We are not created to carry the loads that we try to carry through out the day. Isn't that right??

I'm so thankful that my little granddaughter loves this Nana with all her heart. Wow! Gracie would see me across the yard and shout...."Naaaaaannaaaaa!" And she would come running with her arms stretched out and her eyes wide, ready to put a precious squeeze on me. And then she would say, "Oh Nana, I miss-ted you so much". Well, I must say, my feathers were puffed up to say the least! God had an amazing plan when He created grandparents!

Here's some pics from our time in Minnesota...

Grace and Papa fishing from the dock. Gracie caught 7 little sunfish. She was pretty excited!

This is the fam on the boat. We were missing our son Jacob and his wife. Jacob had just started a new job and couldn't get away. All the family loves to water ski, wake board and tube on the lake. Miss Grace tubed for the first time this year which she loved.

Grace loved the swings and the slides right outside our place. The lake behind her is what we woke up to every morning. Mmmmmm......coffee on the deck, lake in our eyes, family all around, Jesus is Lord, what more could you ask for.
Little Sam with a new hairdo at the hands of his uncle Caleb!

Here's the newlyweds, Chris and Lydia.

Grace and Uncle Caleb.


Jeff, Grace, Hannah and Sam

This is Mike and I. We end the week with a fabulous dinner at a place called Bugaboo Bay. Yum!

I'm so thankful for God's faithfulness to give us rest.

For more thankful hearts, visit Iris.

Blessings to you all!!

3 comments:

Liza's Eyeview August 21, 2008 at 9:19 AM  

I love the verse you wrote here in the Message version :)

I'm glad to read you had a wonderful vacation. Great photos show you had fun :)

Thankful,
Liza

Denise August 21, 2008 at 9:29 AM  

I am so glad you enjoyed your vacation sweetie. Such nice pictures.

javamamma August 21, 2008 at 10:03 AM  

Glad you had a fabulous-o time! Ready for ministry stuff? Jeff Collins is going to be at the Pastor's Oasis on Monday. Ya'll should go!

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP