Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Thursday, August 7, 2008


Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices;
My flesh also will rest in hope Psalm 16:9


I'm so thankful for the busy summer. My heart is very glad. But now I am looking for some rest for my flesh!

Which means......we're going on vacation!! WooWhoo!!

I'm so thankful that God gives us times of rest. My hubby begins the vacation countdown in January. The family asks about the countdown on a regular basis. "How long dad?" And he will respond with a grin something like "6-2". Meaning 6 weeks and 2 days. He has it down to a science.

We should be looking forward to the return of Christ with such great passion. What if we had our focus on His return and waking up every morning asking "How long Dad?"

Would we work harder in the Kingdom to see that everyone has heard the Gospel? Would we be more aware of how we spend our time? Would we be more concerned about our moments? What about how we treat our neighbors, our long lost relatives?

How would it change our lives if we knew the exact time when Jesus was coming back? I should be living my life as if Jesus was returning tonight.

I'm so thankful for His grace and mercy that covers me!

For more thankful hearts, visit Iris.

Blessings!

9 comments:

Denise August 7, 2008 at 7:14 AM  

I enjoyed your post sweetie,be blessed and refreshed on your vacation.

Gina August 7, 2008 at 8:56 AM  

A vacation!! Have a great time.

Kristi August 7, 2008 at 10:53 AM  

Have a great vacation!

Susan August 7, 2008 at 3:16 PM  

Wow Mary,

This was awesome and something to truly consider, DAILY.

Oh I want to live in that count down mode. He could return, ANY time.

Hope you guys have a great time away♥

twinklemom August 7, 2008 at 7:08 PM  

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog; I love how you wrote,We should be looking forward to the return of Christ with such great passion. What if we had our focus on His return and waking up every morning asking "How long Dad?"


It definitely brings a new perspective and reminder of why we are Christians.

Angie August 7, 2008 at 10:17 PM  

I KNOW you are glad for the vacation...coming in 6-2! I hope you get some rest and relaxation!
Be blessed ---your sweet comment sure has blessed Jeff's heart! He was so amazed at the kindness of so many!

Nancie August 7, 2008 at 11:48 PM  

So glad you are going for vacation with your family, Mary. Thank God for giving you such a precious time. I am praying that you will have a blessed and enjoyable time together. Take care and God bless!

Serendipity August 8, 2008 at 12:10 AM  

Reading your post put a smile on my face! Such cheerfullness!

Have a great vacation now!

Remain blessed!

Cheryl August 14, 2008 at 8:20 PM  

You are right! We should be more aware of what we are doing here. Is is what HE wants for us?? Great post - hope you enjoy your vacation. Have a safe and fun trip. Happy Thankful Thursday!

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP