Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday Quote

>> Thursday, August 21, 2008


Have you ever had an encounter with someone that was not responding to you very well? Or they were crabby and irritable for seemingly no reason? How about when you smile at the check out girl and tell her to have a nice day and there's a thunderous sound that comes from her gritted teeth?

This quote "Be kind...for everyone is fighting a great battle" opened my eyes to the deeper side of life. We don't always know what's going on in other peoples' lives. I may go bouncing into WalMart and tell someone to have a great day. Yet maybe that person just found out that her husband is leaving her or she just had a fight with her son or maybe she can't make ends meet in her finances.

My heart is to bring mercy and kindness to those around me. I may not know what they are going through, but now I assume that they are in a battle also. I want to bathe them in kindness from the Father and bring some hope and encouragement to them. I am reaching out more and asking them if I can pray for them right there. Sometimes people just need to know that God loves them with an everlasting love..Jeremiah 33:3... and that it's going to be okay.

If we would slow down a bit as we're running here and there, maybe we would see more opportunities to be kind to one another. Sometimes I get to going so fast and furious that it's almost like I have my head down like a bull that's ready to plow into the next thing....totally missing the divine appointments that God has set up for me.

So Father I ask that You would slow me down and help me to be willing to be interrupted in my day. Open up my eyes to those little things that mean so much to others to bring a bit of joy into their lives. Help me to see those divine appointments that You set up for me in my day. Thank You for using me to bring joy and hope to others. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Blessings on your weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP