Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Thursday, July 31, 2008

So thank God for his marvelous love,
for his miracle mercy to the children he loves;
Psalm 107:15, 21, 31 The Message

Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!

That verse is written 3 times in Psalm 107. Thank Him! Thank Him!! Thank Him!!! With all the verses in the Bible about giving thanks, being thankful, praising Him and giving Him shouts of praise....I think it's a key of victory in our lives. God didn't put all those verses in there just to entertain us. We must put it into practice every moment of the day. Amen??

I'm so very thankful for His goodness to me and my family. We live in His mercy and grace daily!

I'm so thankful that my hubby and I spent Sunday afternoon with our son Jacob and his wife Kassia who is very cute pregnant with our 3rd grandchild. Exciting or what??? Such a sweet time of fellowship and they grilled supper for us. Precious time together. We need to take those moments in our lives. It's so easy to stay home and get some work done. But the work will always be there. We must focus on relationships.

I'm so thankful that I had supper with my daughter and son last night. Lydia made an amazing meal. She loves to cook! It was such a blessing to be with both of them.

I'm so thankful that our grandchildren are spending the weekend with us. Oh so much fun!!

I'm so thankful that a pastor friend from India is joining us this weekend in church, along with my 92 yr old mentor! Fun!!

I'm so thankful for daylilies! I had no idea how much I would absolutely love them. I always said that my daylilies sing in the garden. Last year I bought a ridiculous amount of daylilies that were on sale and this year I bought more because that nursery closed their business. They are so beautiful! And they're not only singing praises to the Father, they have a huge heavenly choir going on....I'm expecting the Philharmonic Orchestra to set up in my backyard to join in the music!! What can I say, I'm addicted....not only to daylilies, but to hearing all creation sing praises to the Father. And I believe that if we take the time to listen....who knows what we'll hear. :)


Here's one of them....isn't she pretty?

For more thankful hearts visit Iris;

Blessings!!

4 comments:

Denise July 31, 2008 at 7:39 AM  

Your thankful heart is so lovely, bless you.

Susan July 31, 2008 at 8:13 AM  

Hey Mary,

Wow, looks like you've been really enjoying your self with your children.

I love the fact the tables are turned and they are cooking for MOM!! What a blessing.

Hope you have a great weekend with your guest and how special to spend time with your mentor.

Take it all in, and ENJOY!!

Blessings to you my friend♥

Kristi July 31, 2008 at 9:37 AM  

I love lillies too. My daylillies have bloomed twice this year. They do look like they are singing! Blessings to you!

Peggy July 31, 2008 at 9:34 PM  

Bless you Mary...and your aMazing thankful list...thanking and thanking and thanking...with the daylilies...
what a fragrance of sweetness to the Lord, praise, thanks and family
time!Enjoy your special weekend!

Just inviting you to a special day on this FRIDAY! C'mon over and visit me and make my day!

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP