Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Wednesday, July 16, 2008


Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
he's the one who will keep you on track.
Proverbs 3:4-6 The Message


Thankful Thursday....what a precious day!

I'm so thankful that we have an amazing Father God that we can trust with all things. He's the one that gives us understanding and wisdom and He will keep us on track in our lives.

I'm so thankful that our home was protected in the huge wind storm the other night. We lost alot of branches, but nothing fell on the house!

I'm so thankful that we got to be with our grandchildren on Sat. and again on Monday! WooWhoo!! What fun! Mike and I had met some friends for lunch and popped over to our daughter's house afterward. My granddaughter Grace (she's 4) smelled my arm and said "Oh Nana, you smell like chicken nuggets!" She makes me laugh!

I'm so thankful for makeup and face creams and hair dryers and hair products that put me all together so I look nice for my hubby. Hey, I'm a high maintenance babe, so all those different products are a real blessing! :)

I'm so thankful for Iris. She hosts this special day for us here in bloggyland. For more thankful hearts, visit her here.

Blessings to you all!!

12 comments:

Denise July 16, 2008 at 10:00 PM  

Praise God for taking care of your home. Bless your thankful heart.

Lynn July 16, 2008 at 10:24 PM  

Mary,

I love your post. You are cute. Have a great TT. Hugs!

Sharon July 16, 2008 at 10:26 PM  

I love that! LOL. You are a grandma and still high maintenance. . . that's the way to go girl!!!

Thank you for sharing that version of scripture - there's something about The Message...it takes the scripture and smacks you on the face wit it.

God bless you and yours.

Sharon
http://thereservoir.wordpress.com/

Serendipity July 17, 2008 at 2:04 AM  

Your post made me smile! So bubbly! Glad your house is safe from the storm.

Remain blessed!

Susan July 17, 2008 at 8:25 AM  

Hey Mary,

You are so funny!! I'm high maintance as well.

I didn't realize one of your grand-daughter's is a GRACE! My Grace is 4 also!! She was my first.

Hope you have a blessed day my friend♥

Kristi July 17, 2008 at 8:28 AM  

Chicken nuggets? That must be her absolute favorite food in the whole world and it has to be a compliment. My Granny use to let me play in her cold creams and lotions and potions whenever I would spend the night. I even put my hair in a night cap just like hers. Then we would kneel by the bed and say our bedtime prayers together. Those were precious times that I still remember to this day!

Pam July 17, 2008 at 8:49 AM  

Great post. I really appreciate your perspective.

Drop by my Thanks Tank sometime if you get the chance.

Laurie Ann July 17, 2008 at 9:21 AM  

Chicken nuggets! What a huge compliment from your sweet granddaughter. That's priceless. I loved your post today. Such a heart full of gratitude. Happy Thankful Thursday.

Melanie July 17, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

OH, yes, our Father God is so amazing!

Thanks for your earlier visit today, Mary. I love the scripture from 2 Timothy that you shared.

Blessings to you!

Gina July 17, 2008 at 9:45 PM  

Glad you and your home were safe in the wind storm.

Peculiar July 17, 2008 at 10:10 PM  

I laughed when I got to you being thankful for all of the "high-maintenance" beauty products. When those are the things that make you feel better, I guess it is something to be pretty grateful for. I've never thought of those things that way, but then, I guess I'm really low maintenance too. Hmmm, does that mean I need a little bit of work on myself?

Peggy July 18, 2008 at 1:03 AM  

Aww Mary...how precious kid's remarks and grandparents who can love them anyway...Such good
version to read from The Message
tells it like it is...just like kids...I'm sure you don't smell like chicken nuggets but I bet she likes them!!! I'm so thankful though you past through a storm, you all were protected! May God continue to protect you and bless you as you remain thankful to Him!

Thanks for the visit with Kisses from Heaven! Love this blog's name

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP