Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Praise ye the LORD.
O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good:
for his mercy endureth for ever. Psalm 106:1


It's Thankful Thursday. Yeah!!

I'm so thankful for our farmers and all that they do. This spring has been hard on them with the over abundance of rain, so crops were planted late. Some farmers had to replant again due to rain and flooding of the fields. The crops have been looking beautiful and growing well. Then recently there was hail that stripped the leaves in many fields. So I say, thanks to the farmers who work so hard many times in the midst of diverse circumstances.

I'm so thankful that Mike and I had a much needed quiet time at home on the 4th. Very sweet!!

I'm so thankful for the daylilies in my garden that are blooming so beautifully. They sing praises to God and if you listen closely you can hear them sing! No Kidding! :) Below are pictures of some of my garden joys.








For more thankful hearts visit Iris. She's so amazing to host Thankful Thursdays for us.

Blessings to you!!

11 comments:

Denise July 10, 2008 at 7:21 AM  

Thanks for sharing your lovely flowers, I enjoyed them.

Mary July 10, 2008 at 8:07 AM  

Mary,

You have much to be thankful for, as we all do. We are so blessed. I enjoyed all the photos of your lovely blooms. Thanks so much for sharing your blessings. Mary

Nise' July 10, 2008 at 9:35 AM  

Beautiful flowers! I am waiting for my hydrangeas to bloom. Looks like there will quite a few! Love 'em.

Kristi July 10, 2008 at 10:16 AM  

I just love your garden pictures. I think we could be great friends! Gardening is such a delight. I posted yesterday about the beautiful sunflowers in my garden. Thanks for sharing your pictures and your list.

Laurie Ann July 10, 2008 at 2:06 PM  

Beautiful post and beautiful flowers. Happy Thankful Thursday!

southmsmomof4 July 10, 2008 at 8:44 PM  

Your flowers are just beautiful! I recently started trying to garden, as of mothers day this year. It is such a joy to see the flowers bloom. I never really took the time to "stop and smell the roses" before then. I thank God for His wonderful creations. Thanks for sharing your grateful heart with us this week. Be blessed,
Stacy

LAURIE July 11, 2008 at 8:51 AM  

Thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us and your flowers are just beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my site. -Blessings!

Cheryl July 11, 2008 at 1:37 PM  

Mary,

I love flowers and these are so beautiful.

Thanks for visiting and praying for my sister and myself!

Blessings!
Cheryl

Heather@Mommymonk July 11, 2008 at 1:59 PM  

Ooohh, aaahh, what a beautiful garden you have!

Cheryl July 11, 2008 at 2:32 PM  

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures! Lovely flowers! How neat to have such beauty to enjoy. Great thankful post! God Bless~

eph2810 July 12, 2008 at 8:02 PM  

Oh - can I came and take photos of your garden :) Your lilies are awesome!!!!
I too enjoyed a quiet 4th of July - it is wonderful to just kick back and enjoy His blessings...

And you are right about the farmers - they do put a lot of work into their farms - so we can have bread, milk, eggs, meats...

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us.

Be blessed today and always...

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP