Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday Quote

>> Friday, June 13, 2008


Just a reminder in these busy times. This is a promise from our Father to come to Him and sit with Him and He WILL give us rest. We need rest from our busy schedules. We need refreshment and strengthening when we're in a battle with life - our children, or job, or marriages or relationships or even within ourselves. Someone once said, "Be kind to others, for everyone is going through a battle". That's true. We all have things that we must deal with continually. My hubby says, "We're either going into a battle, in the midst of a battle or just coming out of a battle".

So we must find that place of rest with Jesus and quiet our hearts and minds and allow Him to minister grace to us. Funny thing....we need that rest from Him every day....even every moment. I'm learning to rest in Him every moment. In my life, I'm hanging on to the rest of His sweet presence....moment to moment.

The Message Bible puts it this way...."Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

Our heavenly daddy holds out his arms, inviting us to come and crawl up in His lap and let Him hold us. He wants us to be close to Him. He wants to pour out His love on us and just wash us in His presence and His glory. It's all because of His love for us.

So this I say....Run! Run as fast as you can into His arms. Let Him fill you up with an amazing love that will encourage you, fill you, strengthen you, and even take your breath away. And for me, it usually involves a great amount of tears, because I'm so blessed to be with Him and soak up His unconditional love for me! No matter what I do, He loves me with His everlasting love!

The Father is waiting for you. He loves you with an everlasting love!

Blessings on your weekend.

2 comments:

Liza's Eyeview June 14, 2008 at 12:46 AM  

Thank you. This is an excellent reminder, and a wonderful encouragement

Susan June 15, 2008 at 8:57 AM  

Oh what a timely word!!

Thanks Mary...

Hope you have a wonderful Father's Day Celebration~

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP