Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Thursday, April 17, 2008

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; Philippians 4:6


I'm thankful for today....that it's a new day....it's a precious gift from the Father!

I'm thankful that God hears my prayers and answers me with a peace that passes all understanding. God does not want us to be anxious. It steals our peace.

My daughter's wedding plans are basically finished, but we're tying up those loose ends, the little things, checking and double checking with people involved. The celebration is on the 26th of this month....just a few days away.

I'm so very thankful that our attitude is not only that God will be glorified in the joining of these two young people who love God with all their heart, but to also have FUN! This is a precious time in the lives of all those involved, and we want to have FUN FUN FUN! Every time I email or talk to my daughter, I ask her, "Are you having a fun day?" It seems to lighten the load of all the planning. And yes, we are having fun!

I'm thankful that I've had an impact on the bridal shop. I was waiting for my dress yesterday, and I mentioned that I thought it would be alot of fun to work in a bridal shop because it's an exciting time in peoples' lives. The gal looked at me and said "it's fun with people like you." She said they get some gals who are "Bridezillas". Sad.

I'm so thankful that some of you have said that you miss me in bloggyland. Thank you ~ that's precious to me. It's been pretty wild around here the past few months!

Thank you for your prayers through the next few days. I will post pictures the week after the wedding.

For more thankful hearts, visit Iris.

Blessings on your day!!

14 comments:

javamamma April 17, 2008 at 10:20 AM  

What a great pre-wedding 'mantra'! I'll have to ask my sis (wedding in June) the same question!

Gina@Chats With An "Old Lady" April 17, 2008 at 11:14 AM  

Thank you for your sweet comment!

God bless you as you plan the wedding! What a fun time!

BP April 17, 2008 at 12:13 PM  

It makes such a difference when you have that attitude rather than dreading the planning. I think the wedding is supposed to be a fun, happy time to remember forever. It's sad to see the people who go crazy with the planning and are just stressed by the whole thing.

Susan April 17, 2008 at 12:25 PM  

Hi Mary,

Oh my, the wedding is THIS weekend! I know you must be so excited and nervous too.

Can't wait to see some pictures.

Yes, you have been missed, BIG TIME.

Blessings♥

Melanie April 17, 2008 at 3:24 PM  

I posted the exact same verse for Thankful Thursday this week... it is so special and so comforting. One of my favorites.

Have a blessed Thankful Thursday!

Denise April 17, 2008 at 4:21 PM  

Sending prayers up for you sweetie.

Betty @ On the Journey to Victory April 17, 2008 at 4:49 PM  

What a great attitude you have. Thanks for sharing.

~Betty~

Darlene April 17, 2008 at 4:53 PM  

WOW, you have a lot going on with the wedding and etc. Hope everything goes great on the special day!

My cup runneth over... April 17, 2008 at 5:58 PM  

Mary,
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind words about my boy. We are very excited about what God has in store for him. How awesome about your friend with the passion to influence Hollywood for Christ!

It was fun to read your blog and learn what's happening in your life these days...how exciting about your daughter's upcoming wedding. It's awesome that you've made such a great impression on those ladies at the bridal shop. May their wedding day be blessed and fun and may their lives together be filled with joy.

Blessings,
Tracy

ZAM April 17, 2008 at 6:31 PM  

Heheh. Bridezilla, I hope I was not that during my time. But fun, yes it must be fun to be with people who are always thankful. Blessings to your daughter and his partner. May everyone have fun on the wedding day itself.

www.makimeji.com

Nancie April 17, 2008 at 7:53 PM  

Mary,

Thanks for your visit and kind comment. It's wonderful to read of your thanksgiving item. Praying with and for your family that your daughter's wedding will be a most beautiful and blessed one. So wonderful that you can contribute in many ways. Looking forward to see the photos. May God bless you always.

Nancie

LAURIE April 17, 2008 at 8:51 PM  

Thank you for stopping by my THANKFUL THURSDAY. I came by to check yours out and see you have a wonderful spirit as you prepare for the big day. What a wonderful attitude, instead of pre-wedding stress you are giving thanks. Best to you in the coming days prior to the wedding. - God bless, Laure

Stephanie April 17, 2008 at 8:59 PM  

You sound like a fun mom of the bride. Certainly not a the mum of a Bridezilla. I hope you have an amazing celebration!

eph2810 April 21, 2008 at 7:10 AM  

I always make me smile, Mary. I love how you encourage perfect strangers in your life - like the gals in the bridal shop. I can imagine that some brides are a little difficult to work with. I am sure the gals in the shop really love working with you.
How cool that the wedding is this weekend. I am sure you are excited that the big will be here soon.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this past week.

Blessings to you and your precious family.

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP