Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Wednesday, March 26, 2008


Then David danced before the LORD with all his might;...2 Samuel 6:14


I dance before the Lord in great thankfulness for His mercy and grace all over me! It's been crazy busy around here!

My daughter's wedding plans are getting nailed down! Her wedding is April 26th, but I said if we're all done with everything by the end of March, I will pay for a relaxing massage. Well, who can turn that down?? She's been working hard and making great decisions. We're meeting with some music people Thursday and then we will sit back and enjoy the anticipation of a wonderful celebration of 2 lives coming together in Christ. YEAH!!

I'm so thankful that as I was in the city, trying on my dress for the final fitting, God moved in a mighty way in the bridal shop. The gal that's doing my alterations is a wonderful Christian. I was able to pray with her last week. Very cool. This week, I was saying goodbye to the gals at the counter. One gal - out of the blue - asked me to pray for her cause she's going through a divorce. I said of course I will and I headed out the door. Well, duh!! What is wrong with me?? I love to pray for people. I love to bless them right when they ask for prayer. I got out to my car, threw the packages inside and locked it up. I ran back into the shop, looked at the gal, and told her I needed 1 minute with her. We went into the middle of a bunch of dresses and I grabbed her hands and prayed for her and her children. It was a moment that heaven came down and God loved on this woman so sweetly. I had the privilege of being a part of that blessing!

I'm also very thankful that our church has their very own website! We've worked hard with our designer. Still doing a bit of tweaking. But we're excited! Check it out at www.lwcint.com.

I'm so thankful that there is ALWAYS reason to dance before the Lord!!

For more thankful hearts, visit Iris.

Blessings on your day!

10 comments:

maiylah March 26, 2008 at 10:11 PM  

that was so sweet of you ... going back and praying together with the girl. :)
Best Wishes to your daughter!

My Thankful Thursday post

Mary March 26, 2008 at 10:31 PM  

Great Thankful Thursday post. Congratulations to your daughter and her fiance.

Blessings,
Mary

Lynn March 26, 2008 at 10:33 PM  

Mary,

You ROCK!! Awesome post.

forgetfulone March 26, 2008 at 11:22 PM  

Sounds like many wonderful things to be thankful for.

Karen March 27, 2008 at 3:38 AM  

How awesome to be able to be used by God to pray for someone else! Isn't it such a wonderful feeling to know that God used you to pray for this lady and He showed up right there? Awesome!

Hope you have a wonderful week!
Karen
www.homesteadblogger.com/tagblog

javamamma March 27, 2008 at 6:02 AM  

We're so excited for the bride & groom....and their parents too! :)

Your website is stinkin' rad! Who's your creative designer? We need some help!

Kim March 27, 2008 at 10:49 AM  

Mary~
What a great Thankful Thursday list.

I'll be praying for you, and your daughter and all involved as the Special Day approaches.

Thank-you as well...for the gentle reminder....that it's SO important...to stop, and pray for people when they ask us for prayer.

It's easy to say, 'sure, I'll pray', but it another thing to put those words into action and pray, right then and there for them!!!

Way cool.

Kim~

Melanie March 27, 2008 at 12:32 PM  

How wonderful that you were able to pray with two different people this week and share you love for Christ!

eph2810 April 1, 2008 at 8:41 PM  

Oh Mary - that is so cool that you went back into the shop and pray with this lady. How cool that the Lord gave you such a sweet opportunity!

How cool that your daughter has been working so hard getting things done. A massage is always good :)

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this past week.

Blessings to you and yours.

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP