Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Thursday, March 13, 2008


The memory of the righteous is blessed....
Proverbs 10:7


I am thankful for a couple women who have recently crossed the thin line into eternity.

First there is a woman named Anna. I met Anna when my hubby and I went to preach at a friend's church in Nashville. This woman reminded me of Anna the prophetess in scripture that was serving in the temple with fastings and prayer, day and night. Anna saw the Messiah and joined Simeon in giving thanks for Him when Mary and Joseph brought Jesus to the temple.

Anna from Nashville seemed to have that same spirit as Anna in the temple. I didn't know her that well, but I still connected with her. She was mighty in spirit and a very courageous woman of God. She fought the good fight of faith. And now she is celebrating victory with Jesus. My life was touched because I was able to meet her and pray for her. I am so privileged to call her my friend.

And I'm thankful for a woman named Arlene. Years ago, had a Bible Study in a couple's home. Arlene and her husband Wally were so very precious. They were in a church that was pretty wishy washy on the Word of God, so they were so very hungry to know more about God. We were able to be a part of their growth.

Arlene was able to be at our son's wedding 5 years ago. So now as we're preparing for our daughter's wedding, we sent an invitation to her. Arlene's son called us and let us know that Arlene is with Jesus now. He also said that we had such a huge impact on his parents. Arlene was 78 and very active and leading Bible Studies and mentoring women up to the very end. As I heard those words, my heart was filled with such precious memories of his parents and our time with them.

I'm so very thankful for the righteous saints that God brings across our path during this journey of life. Our lives are better because of these relationships. Whether they are short moments or long time relationships, there always seems to be a purpose in my own growth in faith and character. I am a richer person because of Anna and Arlene touching my life.

For more thankful hearts, visit Iris. She's one of those relationships that will touch your life in a good way.

Blessings.

8 comments:

Denise March 13, 2008 at 7:46 AM  

Thanks for sharing these two sweet blessings with us dear one.

Nise' March 13, 2008 at 8:58 AM  

Amen for friends that strengthen and encourage us!

Kim March 13, 2008 at 9:29 AM  

Oh..was a sweet...sweet.. Thankful Thursday.

What a blessing these two sweet saints have been to you. Know that I'm praying for you!!!

Susan March 13, 2008 at 2:49 PM  

Dear Sweet Mary,

Oh, what a beautiful tribute to these Godly women! I pray one day I will be remembered like them.

I'll look forward to meeting them both one day!

Blessings to you my friend♥

Heather March 14, 2008 at 2:57 PM  

What a wonderful post, Mary! We are all so blessed when we have godly people living out their lives as an example and encouragement to us!

Melanie March 15, 2008 at 9:42 AM  

Precious friends are such a blessing! Thank you for sharing them with us.

eph2810 March 16, 2008 at 9:57 PM  

Isn't is wonderful to know those women that touch our lives in a good way. I am thankful for the women in my life that have led me to know my Lord in much more deeper relationship. I know that I have met these women by His Hands.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this past week.

Blessings to you and your precious family.

Jenileigh March 19, 2008 at 11:38 PM  

Beautiful tribute. Thank-you for sharing.

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP