Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday Quote

>> Friday, March 28, 2008

In the midst of finishing up wedding plans and everything else that is in my life, I'm running hard. I sometimes feel like a cat chasing it's tail. Am I coming or going? Am I accomplishing what I need to accomplish? Or am I just going in circles?

This verse speaks a gentle reminder to my heart. I must first BE STILL. I must quiet my heart and my mind and lay everything down. To be still is an active choice that I make. It doesn't just "happen". The enemy wants us to be all wound up - to get our eyes off of Jesus - and to get caught up in all the busyness of our lives. We must choose the better thing to do as Mary did when she sat at the feet of Jesus and Martha was scurrying around and fussing about Mary not helping in the kitchen. (Luke 10:38-42)

When we choose to be still and rest at the feet of Jesus, then we will know that He is God. He is God. He is so much bigger than our circumstances. And He is very capable of being God over our marriages, over our families, our fiances, our dreams etc. When we stop the crazyness of our day and focus on who God is, He will reveal Himself to us in a new way. God's desire is that we know Him and that we know every facet of His love for us. If we take the time to be with Him, He will be faithful to show Himself to us.

Lord, as we choose to stop and quiet ourselves before you, wash over us with your extravagant love and draw our hearts closer, so much closer to You.

Blessings on your day.

6 comments:

Liza's Eyeview March 28, 2008 at 12:18 PM  

Amen sister. "Be still and know that I am God" is one of my favorite verses in the Bible.

Blessings to you too.

Susan March 28, 2008 at 9:07 PM  

Great scripture!

Praying things are going smoothly for you Mary.

It's all going to be just PERFECT!!

Blessings♥

eph2810 April 1, 2008 at 8:44 PM  

Amen to that, Mary. Just this morning driving to work - my head was spinning of all the things I needed to do today. All of a sudden I just felt peace - because I took my eyes off myself and focused on the music that playing on the radio - worshiping Him :)

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful Bible passage and your thoughts.

(((hugs)))

Jenileigh April 11, 2008 at 12:20 AM  

I'm hosting a giveaway if you'd like to stop over and participate. Hugs!

Susan April 14, 2008 at 7:16 PM  

Hey Mary,

You're missed!! Let us know how you are doing...

Pictures of the wedding too!

Blessings~

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP