Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday Quote

>> Thursday, March 20, 2008

Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet;
but one thing I do:
forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,
I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:13-14


Jesus paid the price completely and fully for our salvation. The only thing that had anything to do with us in His coming to earth and giving Himself in obedience to the Father, even to the suffering and death on the cross, was that we are the objects of His amazing love. God's love toward us is everlasting. God's love toward us is unconditional. God's love toward us is that of a Father, a daddy, to which no earthly father can compare.

To choose a life as a true follower of Christ WILL cost us everything. Romans 11:6 ~ I consider myself dead to sin and alive unto God in Christ Jesus. The word DEAD there actually means DEAD. I Corinthians 15:31 "....I DIE DAILY". If we are disciples of Jesus Christ, we will die to sin daily; we will die to our own desires, our will and our own plans. We will press on to know more of God and allow Him to do heart surgery to remove the flesh. That's where it costs us everything. Discipleship costs us our life.

I guess it all reflects on how much we love God and how much we want Him to be in our lives. How much am I willing to surrender to Him so that I can have more of Him? I want to serve Him will a whole heart, not just a little piece of my heart. I want to take on His image so others will see Jesus in me and not even see me. I want to press on to know Him more and to reach for that upward call that He has on my life.

Just a few thoughts as we remember the price that Jesus paid because of His love for us. Isn't He worthy of having our whole heart and life?

Blessings on your weekend.

3 comments:

Susan March 21, 2008 at 4:39 PM  

Wow, this was INCREDIBLE!!!

I love your Friday quotes...

Happy Easter Mary♥

Jenileigh March 23, 2008 at 12:39 AM  

Wonderful devotion. Happy Easter!

Tina March 23, 2008 at 5:53 PM  

Happy Easter Mary!

I've just started a new blog and have been cruising around the blogosphere for blogs that will inspire me and those who may visit my site.

I found you on the christian blogosphere blogroll. Many of the blogs there are not kept up to date so I am going to add you directly to my own blogroll if you don't mind.

God bless, and do pop by when you get a chance and let me know what you think of my little space.

www.maidensong.wordpress.com

Tina

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP