Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Thursday, February 28, 2008


To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.
Psalm 30:12


It's Thankful Thursday and I will give thanks for my Father God forever and ever! How about you??

I'm so thankful for Thankful Thursday. The past few weeks I've been crazy busy and running wildly, so I've missed a few posts and I haven't had the time to visit everyone's post. Let me tell you, I miss that terribly.

Thankful Thursday has caused my heart to soar and leap! God has used this bloggyland ministry to get my focus right...not on what I don't have or what I haven't accomplished in my life....but rather, how God has been so very involved in every minute detail of my life. It's been an amazing thing to look back and see a path of God's mighty hand on absolutely everything. His mark of love has changed my heart, sealed His work, corrected my mistakes, straightened my path, and He's loved me through it all. I will give thanks to Him forever.

So here's that same verse in the Message Bible....

You did it:
you changed wild lament
into whirling dance;
You ripped off my black mourning band
and decked me with wildflowers.
I'm about to burst with song;
I can't keep quiet about you.
God, my God,
I can't thank you enough.


I love that!! My life has been changed from a wild lament into a whirling dance...for Jesus!!

My prayer for you is that your life be a whirling dance for Jesus today!!

For more thankful hearts that are bursting to share, visit Iris!

Huge blessings to you all!!

12 comments:

javamamma February 28, 2008 at 8:11 AM  

I LOVE the Message version! whirling dancing - come on!

lori February 28, 2008 at 8:36 AM  

I LOVE the message translation too!!
I'm copying it for the fridge!!
thanks for sharing!!
happy thursday!!
lori

Heather February 28, 2008 at 11:07 AM  

Oh yes! There is much whirling dancing goin' on!

What a great post today! Thanks for sharing.

Susan February 28, 2008 at 11:10 AM  

Oh Mary,

How exciting!! What an awesome translation of that scripture, that's a keeper.

Keep dancing and whirling my friend! I'm so happy for you~

Cheryl February 28, 2008 at 3:05 PM  

Great TT post! Love the message. Thanks for sharing. Happy TT

Denise February 28, 2008 at 7:08 PM  

having done all

DANCE and

whirl........ and

spin around.....

Melanie February 28, 2008 at 8:46 PM  

What a great TT! I love it.

Ann February 28, 2008 at 10:11 PM  

I think I need to get a copy of the Message--that's a great version and passage! I'm whirling with ya...

Denise February 29, 2008 at 6:26 AM  

I really love this post, thank you.

poor man's nicole richie February 29, 2008 at 8:57 AM  

hey mary, i love your name. I actually wanted to have my name or my child (if ever i'd have) mary at the beginning. it's too feminine.
we're on the same boat. i've got a whole new perspective in life ever since i joined TT. yeah right, i'm getting the groove = )

Morning Sniffles

Lori Madison February 29, 2008 at 10:52 AM  

Dear Mary,

Thank you for visiting me, I love to see new people on my blog and I love being able to visit them! Thank you for sharing the awesome news of how God has worked in your life. Hugs...

eph2810 March 3, 2008 at 10:14 PM  

Amen to that, Mary. How often have I broke out in song early in the morning - or dancing in the backyard because of His love for me - AMAZING!!! Even when I didn't walk with Him - He was there all the years to guide me gently back :)

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this past week.

Blessings to you and your precious family.

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP