Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday Quote

>> Friday, February 29, 2008

But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, hardly noticed—he only had eyes for God, whom he saw in all his glory with Jesus standing at his side. He said, "Oh! I see heaven wide open and the Son of Man standing at God's side!" Acts 7:55-56...Message Bible


Stephen didn't notice the chaos and circumstances around him. He kept his eyes only on God, he was totally surrendered to God, he worshiped God with his whole being. And God opened the heavens for Stephen to see the fullness of His glory. And heaven and earth became one.

Have you ever experienced those moments as you worship where you can feel God's very breath or smell His fragrance? Or where you are so caught up in His presence that you don't see and don't care about the circumstances around you? Or you pray for someone and you know that you know that you know, that there was a heavenly connection in that prayer. That's heaven and earth becoming one.

That's what I hunger for moment to moment. May my life be a life of worship and complete surrender to Him that God opens the heavens above me, and heaven and earth become one.

Blessings on your weekend.

3 comments:

Kim February 29, 2008 at 12:49 PM  

I'm with you sweet friend!!

I want to hunger after my Father....in such away...that nothing else gets in the way.

Have an amazing Friday.

Liza's Eyeview March 1, 2008 at 10:12 AM  

These past few days .. I have been experiencing these to the fullest. Come by my blog and read some of the recent posts :)

Thank you for posting this - such an inspiration and blessing, as well as a gentle reminder :)

eph2810 March 3, 2008 at 7:30 PM  

You know, Mary, I remember the first time I read the Bible passage of Stephen standing in the court and looking up to heaven and just seeing Him. I remember when leasing a Bible study and I could not get through the passage without tears - it was beautiful. I too long for just being one with heaven and I am thankful that I had those moments :)

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on this quote.

Blessings to you and yours.

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP