Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Thursday, January 31, 2008


Oh taste and see that the Lord is good;
How blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!
Psalm 34:8


I'm so thankful that no matter what our circumstances are, we are blessed if we take refuge in Him.

We've had things come against us recently. Our granddaughter who is 3 1/2 and her little brother who is 7 months, ended up in the hospital with pneumonia and RSV. They are doing better because of the prayers of the saints. Hopefully get out today.

In the midst of the circumstances, God whispered so sweetly to my own heart to take refuge in Him. That's tough to do when you see your little ones all hooked up with IV's and other tubes. He invites us to come away into the secret place with Him. Where else can our hearts be filled with peace?

I'm so thankful for the Body of Christ that rises up in times like this and rallies around for strength and encouragement.

I'm so thankful that my calendar says that January is over and I can see February and March are close at hand. We're FREEZING here! Yesterday morning it was 14 degrees BELOW zero! That's just not right!

I'm so thankful for our daughter's wedding plans coming along nicely. We met with the florist and the decorator and they were both on the same page as my daughter. So that's a very good thing.

I'm so thankful for all of you. You are such a blessing. I stand amazed at the relationships that are building over the internet.

For more thankfuls to warm your hearts visit Iris.

Blessings on your day!

10 comments:

Denise January 31, 2008 at 7:20 AM  

I praise God that your dear grandchildren are doing better, I will be praying for them.

Genny January 31, 2008 at 9:42 AM  

I will be praying too for your grandchildren. Take care and God bless.

Susan January 31, 2008 at 9:43 AM  

Hey Mary,

Oh my, no it isn't right to be in that kind of weather! It's in the upper 40's and I'm FREEZING!

Sorry~

Hope your grand-kids are truly on the mend. 2 in the hospital, that must of been really rough.

Hope you have a great day!

Linda January 31, 2008 at 2:32 PM  

A precious thankful post Mary. We have been through that RSV/pneumonia thing with our little granddaughter Hannah. What a frightening thing. She has fully recovered from her latest bout of pneumonia. We are so thankful too.
I'm thankful for you too.

Nise' January 31, 2008 at 5:46 PM  

Continued prayers for your grandchildren's healing! There is something about saying next month is March...it makes Spring feel that much closer!!

Holy Chaos January 31, 2008 at 7:27 PM  

It is hard to see little ones like that! I am so glad that they are doing better.

i thought it was cold here! I am thankful that it was 5o today adn that I did not have to do my errands in the rain downtown in heavy traffic!

SharonB January 31, 2008 at 7:41 PM  

What a beautiful TT list!

Blessings..

Heather February 1, 2008 at 8:27 AM  

Thank you for sharing your blessings! And thank you for the award. You are a blessing to me as well!

Have a blessed day. I'm praying for your grandbabies too.

eph2810 February 2, 2008 at 12:25 PM  

Oh, Mary, I am so sorry that your little granddaughter was in the hospital. It is horrible to see them all hooked up to IV's - I remember when our son was just 15 months old and had to be hooked up...I am glad that she is doing better though.
How wonderful that your daughter's wedding plans are working out so well.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week, despite the pain your family when through.

Be blessed today and always.

Lynn February 3, 2008 at 10:00 PM  

Hi Mary,

In the midst of the circumstances, God whispered so sweetly to my own heart to take refuge in Him.... Just beautiful...

Also, I giggled at the freezing comment and it being just not right.

You are adroable my friend.

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP