Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Wednesday, January 23, 2008


I will sing of the mercies of the LORD forever;
With my mouth will I make known Your faithfulness to all generations.
Psalm 89:1

I am so very thankful for the faithfulness of God. When we're on the mountaintop, He is there. When we go through the valleys, He is there right beside us to walk us through to the other side.

I'm so thankful that God is my greatest desire. We had some hard news over the weekend. Our son and daughter-in-love had a miscarriage. The only thing that we can do at a time like that is to love on each other and pray. After a while, I sat at the piano and just worshiped God for who He is. This is the verse that came out as I cried out to my Father God...

Whom have I in heaven but You, O Lord?
And besides You, I desire nothing on earth.Ps. 73:25.
The Message Bible puts it this way....
"You're all I want in heaven, You're all I want on earth."

I'm so thankful for God's mercy. And in the midst of this difficult time, God has brought healing and strength and peace. He has shown us His mighty Hand in our lives.

I'm so thankful that I now have 3 grandchildren. One of them is playing with Jesus and I will get to squeeze and snuggle him or her in due time.

For more thankful hearts visit Iris.

Huge Blessings to you all.

19 comments:

eph2810 January 23, 2008 at 10:36 PM  

Oh, Mary - I am so sorry to hear about your son's and daughter-in-love's loss (and yours). As I was reading it the song by Casting Crowns "Praise you in the Storm" came to mind. My prayers go out to you and your family...

Thank you for still sharing your grateful heart with us - despite your pain.

Blessings to you and yours.

Speaking from the Heart January 23, 2008 at 10:46 PM  

I'm sorry to hear about your lost. May the LORD put his arms around you and comfort you at this time.

Denise January 24, 2008 at 12:23 AM  

I am very sorry for your familys loss, praying for you all.

javamamma January 24, 2008 at 6:32 AM  

Oh, Mary. I'm praying that your kids will know the God of peace and comfort in this season. Jesus, be glorified.

Cheryl January 24, 2008 at 7:17 AM  

I am sorry to hear about your family. I know the hurt is so strong but you know that God is there for you. He eases the pain in due time. Thanks for sharing your thankful heart. God Bless!

Susan January 24, 2008 at 9:02 AM  

Dearest Mary,

So sorry to ready about the loss of your grandchild. I'll be praying for your son and daughter-in-love.

Thank God for Jesus, and the hope we have.

Keep holding on...

Nise' January 24, 2008 at 9:08 AM  

Praying that your family will feel His arms of comfort and healing around them at this difficult time.

Liza's Eyeview January 24, 2008 at 10:05 AM  

Yes...God is always there (here)

And yes, grandkids are a special blessing from above :)

ellen b. January 24, 2008 at 11:13 AM  

Oh Mary, what a hard thing for all of you to bear. May God continue to comfort your kids and you. May God protect all of you in the midst of your grief and surround you with love.

Mary January 24, 2008 at 11:21 AM  

I am so blessed at the outpouring of love from my bloggy friends. Thank you so much for your love and prayers for our family. We are truly blessed!

Genny January 24, 2008 at 11:25 AM  

Thanks for sharing with us and hope God is always there for us in time of troubles and happiness. Take care.

Daddys Chicks January 24, 2008 at 12:07 PM  

You and your family on in my prayers.

Living Beyond January 24, 2008 at 1:55 PM  

Yes indeed when we go through good times and hard times He is just the same. May you continue to find comfort as you choose to worship Him.

Psa 45:11 The king is enthralled with you beauty!

Worship on!!

Melanie January 24, 2008 at 2:17 PM  

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I suffered two miscarriages and know what it is like to go through that. My prayers are with you and your family.

Livin' With Me

Lynn January 24, 2008 at 8:43 PM  

Oh Mary,

I an so very sorry about your loss. Oh lean on the Lord and love on your son and daughter.

God bless you. Love and hugs, Lynn

ThankfulMommy January 24, 2008 at 10:16 PM  

Thanks for stopping by my page. I'm sorry to hear about your news. Thankfully, God can heal all wounds.

A Stone Gatherer January 25, 2008 at 3:00 AM  

So sorry to hear about your loss! The song "I'll praise you in the storm" comes to mind! Thanks for the great post of Hope!

poor man's nicole richie January 25, 2008 at 6:08 AM  

i'm sorry to learn about losing your grandchild.
may your heart be filled with His love.

OPM January 25, 2008 at 2:54 PM  

Mary,

We love you guys ("ya'll). Thankful you know the King and for your incredible witness of His glory.

Our prayers are with you and your kids.

Shane & Brandy

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP