Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Thursday, December 13, 2007

I will give thanks to You, O LORD, among the peoples,
And I will sing praises to You among the nations. Psalm 108:3
I'm so thankful for today. For every day is a gift from my Father. He's the one that gives us breath to breathe.

I'm so thankful that our daughter and her fiance are in Southeast Asia right now. They're leading a team of 5 others to share the Good News in dance and drama. I'm so thankful they arrived safely. Their plane left Chicago right before O'Hare had 1 1/2 hours of delays and cancellations.

I'm so thankful that since our kids are in Southeast Asia, we won't be having Christmas until January. Which is really really good....cause I haven't even started getting ready. We've been celebrating our family Christmas in January the past few years because at least one of us has been on a mission trip. We have found celebrating in January has been more focused on Jesus and the real meaning of Christmas and much more relaxed and enjoyable for all. An added plus, we can hit all the January sales! YEAH! :)

I'm so thankful for the Bride of Christ. That's us! All of us together doing the work of the ministry. We need each other don't we?

I'm so thankful for my bloggy friends. You guys are always so encouraging.

For more thankful hearts, visit Laurel.

Blessings on your day!


9 comments:

Genny December 13, 2007 at 10:58 AM  

Thanks for sharing this, its a great post. Blessings!

Nise' December 13, 2007 at 12:45 PM  

May your daughter's team find hearts softened to hear the greatest news ever told (and be completely safe while doing so)!

Heather@Mommymonk December 13, 2007 at 1:17 PM  

Did you know that Russian Orthodox Christmas is in January? Around the 14th, I think. And I think you're right - doing it later gives you a better focus.

javamamma December 13, 2007 at 5:06 PM  

I think Christmas in January would be LOVELY.

Andrea December 13, 2007 at 7:30 PM  

Great post!! I too am thankful for my blogging friends too...I never knew I could make so many great friends through blogging!

Cheryl December 13, 2007 at 7:56 PM  

Christmas in January sounds good and you are right you can hit all of the sales! Thanks for your TT post. God Bless and Merry CHRISTmas!

ellen b. December 14, 2007 at 4:18 PM  

I think it's great that you celebrate in January and that your family chooses to go on Mission trips during their holiday! blessings on them for that commitment. You know the Russians celebrate Christmas around January 6th or 7th (they go by some old Orthodox calendar) OOps I just noticed Heather already talked about the Russians. I am Russian. :) Well I think I've said enough. have a wonderful weekend...

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP