Related Posts with Thumbnails

Happy 30th Anniversary!

>> Saturday, November 24, 2007

This picture was taken on the dock at our favorite place to play,
Lake Carlos in Alexandria, Minnesota
Though all the peoples walk each in the name of his god,
As for us, we will walk
In the name of the Lord our God
forever and ever.
Micah 4:5

A picture of God's amazing grace.....a young girl, working at a graduate school as a secretary....a young man coming into that school as a student....both of them in wrong relationships….both of them not following God….

I was the secretary….my husband was the student. When Mike came into that office, I looked up and this “thought” fleeted across my mind…”you’re going to marry him”. What? Where did that come from?

God got ahold of both of us and changed our lives. He washed us in His blood and covered us in His grace.

Mike and I are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary on Monday. On November 26, 1977, we were joined together in a covenant of marriage with God the Father, the Creator of the Universe. We began an adventure that day that held such great anticipation of a new life together. Young love....able to conquer the world.

As the years unfolded the plan that was orchestrated by God Himself, we celebrated the birth of 4 beautiful children. We learned to lean more and more on our Heavenly Father as we raised and loved and trained our children. We became "less of us and more of Him", knowing that apart from a relationship with God the Father, through His Son, Jesus Christ, we were nothing. But with Him, nothing was impossible. He became the one true passion of our heart.

Now we have 4 grown children who are in love with Jesus, 2 of them are married, and another one is getting married next spring. We have 2 grandchildren that are truly a gift from God for us to enjoy.

The verse in Micah is our chosen life verse. We have followed hard after God, and hungered for more of Him every step of the way. God called us to be obedient beyond our own strength … even beyond our own faith. We desired to live on the cutting edge with Him. We didn’t want mediocrity in our lives. And God has blessed us with great joy and strength to live for Him in the day to day.

So today I want to honor my darling husband, Michael.
He is my very best friend, my partner in life, my gift from God.
He brings me coffee in bed every morning and we begin our day
with prayer for our family and our life around us.
He is the joy of my heart and the laughter of my soul.
He is everything to me.

I adore him.
I admire him for who he is and who he has become.
I love how he loves me.
I love his tenderness toward me and his family.
I love how he spoils me with romance.

I love his passion for God and His Word.
I love his desire to grow closer to Jesus and press hard into Him and His presence.
I love that he hungers to walk in faith, wisdom, revelation, understanding
and counsel and might and in the fear of the Lord.

I love that we have walked this journey of life together…
up the mountains and into the valleys, trusting and leaning on God together.
As we continue in this path of life, our love grows deeper,
our lives shine brighter and brighter,
and our laughter has become louder as we enjoy walking this life together with Jesus.
I am a blessed woman!

We had a prophecy given to us that God has given us a grip of grace and love.
In the different directions that we go throughout the day,
God keeps our hands gripped together, cemented together for His glory.
We are very thankful for the miracle of His love
that He has bestowed on our life and our marriage.

In Your grip of grace and for Your Glory, Lord, we press on.

Happy Anniversary, my darling, my love, my very best friend!

5 comments:

javamamma November 24, 2007 at 12:57 PM  

Sheesh, everybody's making me cry today.

Beautiful, beautiful post, friend. You guys are 'an example to the believers' in your marriage, as parents and just as lovers of Jesus. We love you both! Happy Anniversary!

OPM November 26, 2007 at 10:00 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
OPM November 26, 2007 at 10:02 PM  

Sounds too good to be true -- unless you know these two!

Blessings!

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP