Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Thursday, October 18, 2007


The LORD is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart exults,
And with my song I shall thank Him. Psalm 28:7

I'm thankful that the Lord is my strength! We have been running very hard for quite a few days (moving into weeks!) just doing life. Sometimes God calls us to seasons of running. But He gives us the strength to accomplish what He wants us to accomplish. And He also gives grace to get a little nap in here and there!!

I'm thankful that my heart exalts Him! The message Bible says "I'm jumping for joy!" My feet aren't jumping very high, but I'm still jumping!

I'm thankful that my 2 daughters, my 4 month old grandson and I had a marathon trip on Monday to finish registering Lydia for her wedding. My grandson was the coolest shopper. He was so good! It was a fun day...we accomplished much...but we were quite pooped in the end!

I'm thankful that God is teaching me how to stay in the "rest" of His presence throughout the day. That's a whole huge thing for me.

I'm thankful for all the encouragement and friendship that comes in bloggyland. You guys are awesome!! :)

I'm thankful for COFFEE...and LOTS of it! I'm sure there's coffee in heaven cause it mixes well with God's grace! :)

For more thankful hearts to fill your heart with joy, pop on over to Iris' place.

May blessings of joy abound for you today!

11 comments:

Denise October 18, 2007 at 6:55 AM  

I enjoyed your thankful list sweetie.

Dana October 18, 2007 at 7:17 AM  

Very nice list. Love coffee too although I am a new coffee convert - only the past year - boy, to think of all I was missing all those years not drinking it :)

Robyn October 18, 2007 at 7:25 AM  

Great list. I particularly like the one of resting in God throughout the day. That is so hard to do sometimes with life's hectic pace. But, if we can learn to practice that, we will be so much happier each day.

UKZoe October 18, 2007 at 9:52 AM  

ooooh, a wedding coming up. EXCITING!

Crystal October 18, 2007 at 10:07 AM  

Great list of thankfuls!
Thanks for stopping by my blog last week!
Blessings

Kathleen Marie October 18, 2007 at 10:24 AM  

Wonderful! So much to be so thankful for. God is so good. I like the idea of jumping for joy. I love to dance and sing with my Lord!

texastanya October 18, 2007 at 2:44 PM  

You know we have an expression in our house about coffee, I have to share...
Coffee is the life blood that the dreams of champions are made of.
I agree, I am so thankful for coffee!
Thanks for sharing!

javamamma October 18, 2007 at 4:35 PM  

'coffee mixes well with God's grace' AMEN!

Lynn Donovan October 18, 2007 at 6:08 PM  

Girl, I am with you on the whole coffee thing. Bring it ON.!!

Nise' October 19, 2007 at 2:59 PM  

I hope there is hot chocolate there as well, cause I don't drink coffee! LOL Bless your little trooper grandson for hanging in there with all that shopping.

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP