Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Thursday, September 6, 2007


We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
praying always for you,
since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus
and of your love for all the saints; Col. 1:3-4

I'm so thankful for the the saints! I'm thankful that God made us a family. As iron sharpens iron, so one man/woman sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17. We need each other!

I'm so thankful for Pastor Shane from Nashville, TN, who blessed us with a visit this past weekend. He brought forth a powerful word to our church on Sunday about the Radical Ridiculi. Amazing! It spoke hugely to my heart because I'm believing for some pretty wild and seemingly impossible things from God. But with God, all things are possible. I just get so excited to see how God will accomplish all this! And Pastor Shane was able to encourage the youth at the "365 On" concert on Sun. night.

I'm so thankful for the world famous "Ulfburger". The thousands of people who have been in our home, get to experience and enjoy this fine delicacy....it is truly a taste of heaven. So in honor of the Ulfburger, Pastor Shane wrote this wonderful poem.

Ode To The Ulfburger

Its outer texture was perfect – black but not burned
Its center was soft – a burger evenly turned

Juicy – not greasy – covered in cheese

Onions laid generously – a burger to please

I had four of them – lunch, dinner and in the morn'

It was like – for this very moment, I had been born!

O! Ulfburger! O! Ulfburger! Ode to thee!
Your flavor – to savor – it got to me!
May I have another – it is my cry!
I suppose, only – if to Nebraska I fly!

I wonder if we can set this little ode to music??

Here is a picture of the world famous Ulfburger! Are you drooling??


One more thing!! I'm so thankful that I get to play with my granddaughter today! YEAH!!

I have to put a HUGE P.S. here: Scripture says to "rejoice with those who rejoice..." I am rejoicing with Terri and Scott over the referral they have recently received about their baby girl from China. She's a beautiful little girl, a precious gift from a Father who lavishly pours out His love on each one of us. There's a few posts about this little treasure, and I guarantee you will have tears! Congratulations to this little family!!

For more thankful hearts, visit Iris for whom I'm very thankful for hosting this special day.

Blessings on your day!

10 comments:

javamamma September 6, 2007 at 9:55 AM  

looks good to me and i'm not a huge burger eater!

ellen b. September 6, 2007 at 11:06 AM  

You are cracking me up with your ode! Pass that burger over here please...
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/

Terri @ In His Hands September 6, 2007 at 3:53 PM  

You are SO sweet! Thank you and thank you for your sweet comments. You always make me happy! :)

That burger looks awesome!

Lynn Donovan September 6, 2007 at 4:15 PM  

Mary,

What a great post. Loved the poem and the picture made me hungry. So much fun with you here. Blessings.
http://unequalmarriage.typepad.com/

on the Rock September 6, 2007 at 8:28 PM  

The Ulfburger, lol! That's so playful.
God Bless!

Angie September 6, 2007 at 9:05 PM  

Ahheeem...yes I am drooling...only had chicken salad for supper!
I enjoyed your thankful heartfelt post!
Church family is indeed a tremdous blessing!!!
Have a great weekend!

Hind's Feet September 6, 2007 at 9:47 PM  

The ode cracks me up. How did the burger get its name?
Blessings, Kim

Crystal September 7, 2007 at 5:49 PM  

Wow that burger looks great! Makes me hungry! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Blessings

Changed by His Love September 7, 2007 at 8:56 PM  

What an awesome looking burger!!! That was incredible. Thanks for stopping by.

TrainingHearts September 9, 2007 at 9:33 PM  

Many things to be thankful for :)

Thank you for visiting my blog last week! I'm WAYyyyy behind on returning the visit but I do appreciate the comment.

Have a wonderful week!
~Tamara
www.TrainingHearts.com

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP