Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Wednesday, August 29, 2007


Thanks be to God who gives us the victory
through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Cor. 15:57

Now thanks be to God
who always leads us in triumph in Christ. 2 Cor. 2:14


This is the victory that overcomes the world,
even our faith. 1 John 5:4


Wow, I am battle weary. Ya know when things go a bit zingy and then they go from bad to worse? And then you finally realize what is the cause of the chaos?

The past week, we've seen a battlefield before us in many areas. We are in a war, but we are overcomers by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony and we love not our lives even unto death....Rev. 12:11

I'm so thankful that God gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ!

I'm so thankful that He gives us weapons of warfare to fight the good fight of faith.

I'm so thankful that He covers us in His grace and mercy and peace in the midst of the battle.

On a lighter note....I'm so thankful that my 3 yr. old granddaughter stood in her house and looked at her mommy with tears in her eyes and her little lip was quivering and she said, "I really, really, really, really miss my Nana!"

Now that's worth a million bucks!! Thank you Jesus!

I'm so thankful that we had a fabulous lunch with javamamma and her hubby. Although her hubby is fasting and had great intestinal fortitude to watch us chow down!

I'm so thankful that Pastor Shane is coming to the heartbeat of the nation this weekend. He'll preach a powerful sermon and he's also sharing at the youth concert on Sunday night. We love him to pieces and we will have a blast!

For more thankful hearts, blaze on over to Iris's place. You will be blessed for sure!

Have an awesome weekend.


16 comments:

Lynn Donovan August 29, 2007 at 10:08 PM  

Neat list. Loved your little ones comments.

Have a blessed week. me

http://unequalmarriage.typepad.com/

The Preacher's Wife August 29, 2007 at 10:12 PM  

What an uplifting list! Great for you to recognize the source of all chaos

eph2810 August 29, 2007 at 11:03 PM  

Oh, Mary, your thankful post (the first part) expressed exactly what I was trying to express. I am battle-weary and some days I really feel like throwing in the towel...but that is what Satan wants. I am glad that He is there to cheer me on...

That is so cute that your little granddaughter is missing you and expressing it :)

Thank you so much for the beautiful Bible passages and sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Blessings to you and yours.

Denise August 30, 2007 at 12:00 AM  

Bless you for being thankful beautiful one.

Crystal August 30, 2007 at 12:57 AM  

What a great list! What a cute little granddaughter you have!
Thanks for sharing!
Blessings

Kim August 30, 2007 at 6:50 AM  

Your post made me smile. When my grandmother was alive I used to call her Nana. You know what I'm 38 years old and I really, really, really miss my Nana too. I know that I'll get to see her again though some day.

javamamma August 30, 2007 at 6:56 AM  

...intestinal fortitude...
what a phrase! love it.

Nise' August 30, 2007 at 8:21 AM  

Amen! How precious is that granddaughter??!!! I am looking forward to that time in my life.

Liza's Eyeview August 30, 2007 at 10:29 AM  

Your comment on my Thankful Thursday makes me think you've got the gift of discernment. Thanks for your visit. Blessing to you and your family.

Emmyrose August 30, 2007 at 11:38 AM  

I like your blog.

Thanks for sharing this beautiful list. God bless!

Dancing With Butterflies
http://www.emmyrose.com

Susie August 30, 2007 at 12:06 PM  

What a wonderful list! We ARE all in a battle, and I'm so thankful that our Lord has the victory. You have a lovely blog!

ellen b. August 30, 2007 at 12:17 PM  

Amen to being overcomers! Blessings on your weekend and how sweet to be a beloved nana!
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/

Sharon August 30, 2007 at 1:14 PM  

Isn't God good to give us the little sweet things mixed in with the tough times?
Thanks for not giving up. God needs mighty warriors even if they are a bit bruised. ;)

Angie August 30, 2007 at 4:51 PM  

Okay...I loved it all Mary, but I can really relate to the 3 year old comment! My grandson tells me he "loves me all day long" when I ask him how much he loves me!
I love the blessings of these sweet ones God has given us to love!
I love your scripture references. I am thankful with you that the battle is not ours to fight...but His and He is the Victor!

SharonB August 30, 2007 at 7:03 PM  

Great list Mary! Thank you for your visit!

Georgia Angel August 30, 2007 at 9:21 PM  

How precious the children.
God bless you,
http://www.ageorgiaangel.com/blog/?p=78

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP