Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Wednesday, August 22, 2007


I will sing for joy in God,
explode in praise from deep in my soul!
He dressed me up in a suit of salvation,
he outfitted me in a robe of righteousness,
As a bridegroom who puts on a tuxedo
and a bride a jeweled tiara. Isaiah 61:10
Let me shout it from the mountains! I choose to sing for joy in God! It's my choice. And I will EXPLODE in praise from deep within my soul!

Do you sometimes feel like you will explode with His praises? Do you sometimes feel like your heart just cannot handle anymore of His overwhelming love?

It's Thankful Thursday. And as I read what you have written from your heart, my heart is filled with more love for my Father God. I praise God for today. And I thank Him for my bloggy friends.

I'm so thankful that our son Caleb is 21 years old today! He's my baby! Where in the world did those years go? He's an amazing young man that has a firey hot passion for God and for the lost. He has a huge heart for worship and plays the drums in a way that brings in the presence of God. He's growing in godly leadership. He brings such joy and laughter to our family, and he's cuter than cute! :) And he even reads his mom's blogs. Is that cool or what??

So HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY Cabes. We couldn't be more proud of you as our son and how you are walking out your life with Jesus! God bless you abundantly huge today!! Here's a pic of him with his amazing sister Lydia.
I'm so thankful that I'm getting some much needed garden work done, little by little. Although, I was tempted to get out the bulldozer today and start all over!

I'm so thankful for the continued rain. Thankful that the hail didn't do harmful damage on the crops on Monday. The crops are so beautiful and bountiful. We continue to pray for a prosperous harvest for our farmer friends.

For more thankful hearts, visit Iris.

Blessings on your day!

21 comments:

maiylah August 22, 2007 at 9:59 PM  

Happy 21st birthday to Caleb! :)
love your thankful post!

Blessings ...

maiylah's snippets

Amy August 22, 2007 at 11:41 PM  

You have lovely looking children :-) I can't believe mine are going to be the same ages one day...

eph2810 August 23, 2007 at 12:27 AM  

Mary, you have beautiful children :)

Happy birthday, Caleb. I hope your day will be joyous and you have fun with your family!!!

I had to laugh at your comment of the bulldozer - too cute.

Yeah, sometimes I can not contain myself and I start raising my hands praising Him even in my car (only at the stop-light though *smile*)

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Blessings to you and yours, Mary...

Denise August 23, 2007 at 3:55 AM  

Happy Birthday to dear Caleb.

Terri @ In His Hands August 23, 2007 at 5:57 AM  

Happy 21st to Caleb! Your kids are so good looking! Your daughter looks like one of my friends from high school.

Blessings~

ellen b. August 23, 2007 at 9:10 AM  

Ahh you have a 21 year old baby, too. It's wonderful that you are exploding with His praises!! Continued blessings on you and your family...
http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/

Lynn Donovan August 23, 2007 at 11:03 AM  

Hi Mary,

What a great post and good looking kids.

I felt surrounded by love reading your post and the scripture was perfect.

Thank you.

http://unequalmarriage.typepad.com/

javamamma August 23, 2007 at 12:33 PM  

You guys definitely have raised a handsome/gorgeous lot of kids! In looks and in heart. Hope he has a fabulous day!

tonsofsons August 23, 2007 at 3:15 PM  

Happy 21st Birthday, Caleb!

Enjoy your day with your blessing!!!

http://tonsofsons.wordpress.com/

Kathleen Marie August 23, 2007 at 5:12 PM  

What beautiful children you have! Love that hair!

And yes, sometimes I go feel like I will explode with thankful praises to God...

And, he is the only one who appreciates my vocals! I have such a horrid singing voice - ha!

Sharon August 23, 2007 at 7:00 PM  

Congrats on bringing up a Godly son.
Thank you for your overflowing praise filled heart.
It has been too hot around her to get out and deal with the yard. I have been enjoying a little more time in the pool though.

Linda August 23, 2007 at 8:11 PM  

Happy Birthday to Caleb. That's a really special birthday. He sounds like a great guy.
Your thankful heart lifted my spirits Mary.

Tiffany August 23, 2007 at 9:06 PM  

Very cool list of Thanksgiving - I do so often want to shout His praises from a Mountain top...how liberating!!

Changed by His Love August 24, 2007 at 7:26 AM  

Happy Belated Birthday to your son! Beautiful family you have.

Laurel Wreath August 24, 2007 at 8:25 AM  

Mary you have such a beautiful family. Happy Birthday Caleb! This post filled my heart with praise.

Have a good weekend.

Gina August 24, 2007 at 8:38 AM  

I have a Caleb too! I pray that he grows up to be as godly as your Caleb!

I also have a daughter....ummmmmm....well...she's a little young now, but if you give her about 5 years....we could work out something. Do you believe in arranged marriage? There aren't many godly young men around! Okay...maybe not! Can't blame me for trying, huh???? (JOKING!!!)

Have a great day!

ChupieandJ'smama August 24, 2007 at 2:08 PM  

Happy birthday to your son! I hope he had a wonderful day. Your children are gorgeous! And Praise the Lord for all our blessings. Have a wonderful week ahead :)

Gina August 24, 2007 at 2:09 PM  

Hi! Me again!!! I would love to hear your daughters story, and also have my daughter hear it. Brianna is committed to not "dating" the way our culture does it. Unfortunately most Christian teens jump in and out of relationships at the drop of a hat. She is definately in the minority. When she hears really neat stories of Godly young people who did things "God's way" it is an encouragement. We live on a Christian college campus, and work with lots of college kids. There is a mediocrity that we see, and it is sad. I am praying for Godly, likeminded spouses for my children. When I see what is around me, I can become fearful. I know that God is bigger than what I see. I have to cling to that! If you have any input about how you have encouraged your two kids in this way, that might be helpful to me, please share it. And maybe your daughter could write her testimony and send it to us. We'd love to hear it!!!!
God Bless! You can email me,if you have time, at bgbcsmith@juno.com. Icould use any input!!!

Janet August 24, 2007 at 11:06 PM  

Happy birthday to Caleb! Oh, to be 21 again!!! What beautiful kids!! They could both stop traffic with their smiles alone!! Thanks for the comment on my blog too, I appreciate it so much! Blessings to you and your family...and I will be back to visit your blog!

forgetfulone August 25, 2007 at 12:56 AM  

Happy 21st Caleb!

Thanks for sharing your gratefulness.

Mrs. Huse Clifton August 26, 2007 at 11:12 AM  

Happy belated birthday to your son. He looks like a very happy man.

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP