Related Posts with Thumbnails

Down Under in Australia

>> Wednesday, July 18, 2007

My hubby and I went to Sydney, Australia for a Pastor/leader conference with Hillsong Church, with Pastors Brian and Bobby Houston. It was part of our celebration for our 30th wedding anniversary which is in November. You may remember the song that swept the planet a few years ago called "Shout To The Lord", it was written by Darlene Zscheck, the worship leader at Hillsong Church in Sydney.

Below is a little clip of the highlights of the conference. There were over 20,000 people there from 69 different nations. Hillsong has been doing this conference for 21 years. We were astounded at the quality of the speakers from all over the world. Check here for a bit about the speakers for the conference. We were hugely blessed by each one of them.

The video clip is about 8 minutes. Just to explain one part of it....Pastor Brian Houston and his son Joel (who is in Hillsong United ) are singing Kum Ba Ya because the arena next to the conference had a rugby tournament going on, and the radio announced that there was a bunch of Christians in the next arena that were singing Kum Ba Ya. They had NO idea!




If you ever get a chance to attend this conference in Sydney, you will be blessed and encouraged. We were changed for the Kingdom of God. We were challenged and ministered to through the worship and the teachings. And we were blessed by meeting people from so many different nations. We will go again!!

Blessings on your day!

9 comments:

javamamma July 20, 2007 at 12:54 PM  

Can jealousy ever not be sin? :o)
Actually I think it's totally cool that you guys got to go - a super blessing. No one deserves a trip to Hillsong like you faithful folks. I'll have to watch that clip later when I have another few minutes. The girls and I are headed 'home' for the weekend, to get our dose of 'big church' and family.

Susan July 21, 2007 at 8:01 PM  

Hi Mary,

Oh wow, what I would not give to go to the Conference!!

I love Hillsong and Pastor Houston! I've seen him speak at Casey Treat's Church many years ago at a Pastor's Conference.

I would dream of going to his church.

Glad you had a wonderful time.

Have blessed week!

Susan

OPM July 21, 2007 at 10:10 PM  

Just this little promo-video blew me away. I can see that you (ya'll down here where I do what I do) have quite a lot to process (if that is even possible). WOW! (And I'm not yelling, or screaming with the all-caps -- I'm shouting!)

We are glad to have you back. Go God!

Tishia July 23, 2007 at 11:24 PM  

I'm with the 1st comment about can jealousy not be a sin? :-) The one thing I want to do so bad is visit Hillsong United! Oh my gosh I can't even begin to IMAGINE how AWESOME it must of been! WOW!

OPM July 25, 2007 at 10:46 PM  

Hey! Am I the only guy on this mykissesfromheaven site?

reneegrace July 26, 2007 at 12:19 AM  

i watched with tears in my eyes... i have had such a hard day. confrontation that went great, except the things I thought were my imagination were true... this is what I want for our church... for our worship team. This passion for God and His Kingdom... thanks for sharing. I would LOVE to go sometime!

Mary July 26, 2007 at 7:01 AM  

OPM...I think you're the only guy that has guts to admit that he reads a chick's blog! HA! Except for my hubby of course! Blessings to you!

A Bond Servant July 26, 2007 at 10:35 PM  

Mary

Remember OPM was scared to link you, I not scared to read chick blogs, because they are from above. Hope you and your hubby are doing great, love ya

Philip

Liza's Eyeview August 30, 2007 at 10:30 AM  

I want to attend too...

maybe someday ..

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP