Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Thursday, June 7, 2007

It's Thankful Thursday again! YEAH!

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psalm 118:24

This is Psalm 118:24 from the Message Bible:

This is the very day God acted— let's celebrate and be festive!
Salvation now, God. Salvation now!
Oh yes, God—a free and full life!


Wow! It's a choice to rejoice so that we can have a free and full life. Simply put!

I'm so thankful today that I can have a free and full life in Jesus! He wants us to be free in all things so that He can use us mightily in the Kingdom and reach the destiny that He has for us.

I'm so thankful for the time that my brother was home from Southeast Asia. We had lots of coffee, lots of laughs, and lots of sweet fellowship and encouragement. I am blessed.

I'm so thankful for my hubby. He helps me with so many things. We had people over for Sunday dinner and he helped me make the dinner at 7:00 in the morning!

I'm so thankful that God has taught me alot about being hospitable. There was a visiting couple at church on Sunday that had camped in our park overnight. They said if they were able to get a shower, they would come to the worship concert in the evening. So we had them come to the house for a shower and a meal. Wouldn't that look great on an invitation! We were so incredibly blessed to have them in our home. God just poured out blessings on us because we chose to be obedient in having this couple come to our home.

I'm so thankful that we have a man of God staying with us for a couple weeks. Again, the hospitality thing! He's such a gracious guest. We have such sweet fellowship. He encourages us as leaders in the Kingdom. Again, so very blessed.

I'm so thankful that my daughter will be delivering her 2nd baby any day now. My 3 yr. old granddaughter told the baby to come out and play with her! I think she's tired of waiting!

I'm so thankful for some time to plant the daylilies that I bought on sale. I went a bit hog-wild cause they were so cheap. Daylilies are gorgeous, and LOW-maintenance!! And they actually "sing" in my garden. Really, I've heard them! :)

I'm so thankful for my brothers and sisters in Christ that sharpen me as iron sharpens iron. And for my bloggyland friends that are a very precious encouragement to me.

Go to Iris's place and fill your heart with great joy as you click on others' blogs to see what they share on this awesome day.

Blessings on your day!





23 comments:

Alycia June 7, 2007 at 6:54 AM  

What a wonderful and heartfelt TT post! I loved reading your list ~ and I could just feel your enthusiasm shining through! We do have so much to be thankful for, in Jesus :) Praying for your daughter's safe delivery of your next grandbaby!!! Blessings to you today!

Patty June 7, 2007 at 7:03 AM  

You can feel the joy and joy of laughter from your list!!! I have orange daylilies planted around my pool. They are so pretty!! Congrats on being a grandma again!!

ChupieandJ'smama June 7, 2007 at 7:24 AM  

Congratulations on becoming a Grandma again. I'm praying for a safe delivery and I hope the new baby comes out to play soon :)
I love day lilies too. They are so pretty and easy to take care of. I hope to add more to my own garden soon.
I'm glad you were able to spend time with you brother too.
Have a blessed week!!

Diane June 7, 2007 at 8:05 AM  

What a wonderful list....of great things to be thankful for!

The gift of hospitality is often overlooked....so nice to read about someone who is exercising her spiritual gift.

And what a nice visit that must have been with your brother who lives so far away!

AND.....2nd grandchild! Woo-hoo!
My own daughter was married 2 years ago...and I can't wait for the babies to arrive! We have three 'foster' granddaughters...and we are so ready for some more!

Diane

Serving Him June 7, 2007 at 8:22 AM  

I enjoyed your list today...thank you for sharing. Being hospitable is a great way to bless others. My hubby and I continually remind ourselves that what we have here on Earth was lent to us by God to use for Him...so if someone needs something that we have, then let em use it. It was encouraging to read about how hospitable you and your hubby are. God will bless you for that. We pray that through the years as God blesses us and gives us more that we will never lose sight of this principle. Blessings to you. Sincerely, Serving Him

Nise' June 7, 2007 at 8:35 AM  

Thanks for sharing today! How wonderful.. a new grandbaby!

Sharon June 7, 2007 at 9:42 AM  

What a sweet uplifting list.
We are so blessed aren't we?
How cool about your guest. Wonder if you were entertaining angels unaware?
Have a great week--maybe it will include a new little one!

Crystal June 7, 2007 at 9:47 AM  

What a great thankful post...my Mom has the gift of hospitality too and it's something I wish I had more of...congrats at being a grandma again!
Blessings

Laurel Wreath June 7, 2007 at 9:53 AM  

OH a new baby any day how exciting!!!! A great list.

Have a great day.

Blessings.

Sandy June 7, 2007 at 11:34 AM  

Mary,
YAY for hosptiality! And for the whole list :)
Thank you for sharing.
Sandy
For Reluctant Entertainers

Lauren@Baseballs&Bows June 7, 2007 at 12:35 PM  

Best wishes for your daughter's labor and delivery! I am waiting for my daylilies to bloom anyday now!

Denise June 7, 2007 at 1:19 PM  

Awesome thankful list.

Dana June 7, 2007 at 2:00 PM  

Great list! How exciting for your daughter, I'm sure your excited too!

Deena June 7, 2007 at 3:15 PM  

Congratulations on the new grandbaby coming!!!

Tara Sloan June 7, 2007 at 4:12 PM  

Your post was so full of JOY today! I feel like skipping for you!

Be blessed!

Amy June 7, 2007 at 5:27 PM  

I enjoyed reading your list - especially the part about how each day is one to be thankful and grateful for :-)

Lynn Donovan June 7, 2007 at 6:25 PM  

Mary,

Great post as usual. I love visiting here. You are genuine and transparent. Glad to stop in. Lynn

http://unequalmarriage.typepad.com/

Linda June 7, 2007 at 7:10 PM  

It is wonderful to have that special gift of hospitality. My Mom is gifted that way too. Their home is always open. It is full of warmth and welcome. I know what a blessing you are to those who enjoy your hospitality.
It's exciting waiting for a new baby.
Blessings to you!

Pearls of Wisdom June 7, 2007 at 8:10 PM  

Wonderful post. I loved reading your list. May the Lord Bless you this week and always. Praying for a safe delivery for your daughter.

Angel ():)

Rachelle June 8, 2007 at 9:13 AM  

As always, your blog is uplifting and a blessing in my day. I'm glad you were able to visit with your brother. Looking forward to hearing about that grandbaby!!!

eph2810 June 8, 2007 at 1:19 PM  

Mary, how cool that you opened the doors to strangers--to let them take a shower, to eat with them in fellowship.
I am glad that you had a great time with your brother :). Did he head back to Asia?
Your little granddaughter is just too precious. Too cute that she can't wait until the baby is born.
Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.
Be blessed today and always.

ReneeM June 10, 2007 at 12:49 PM  

and I am thankful for you and your thankfulness... your testimony of God's goodness in your life!

forgetfulone June 11, 2007 at 10:42 PM  

You are a woman of immense joy. It shows in your writing. And you obviously have the gift of service. Thank YOU for reminding me that I have much to be thankful for.

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP