Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog picture #1

>> Saturday, June 2, 2007


I thought that I would give some insight into my blog pictures in my new design. I wanted my blog to reflect "me". So, I'll just share why I chose these pictures.

The first picture on the left obviously is a door. I LOVE this door. It grabs my heart.
The "door" is quite significant in scripture.

Just to name a few:
In Exodus 21..."then his master shall bring him to God, then he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost. And his master shall pierce his ear with an awl, and he shall serve him permanently." I want my life to be "branded" so to speak in serving God permanently. I belong to Him.

In Deuteronomy 6...."you shall write them (the laws of God) on the doorposts of your house and on your gates."


John 10:9 "I am the door, if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture."


And one that has held true in my life....1 Corinthians 16:9..."for a wide door for effective service has opened to me, and there are many adversaries.


And finally....

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door,
I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.” Revelation 3:20


This is a reminder to me, not only that Jesus came knocking of the door of my heart in the first place, and in His grace, He continued knocking until I responded. Praise Him for His mercy! But also that He continues to knock on those areas that I need to totally surrender to Him. God is so very gracious to me, and very gentle in His wooing of my heart. It's good that He knows our hearts and He knows what we need.

The verse goes on to say "if anyone hears My voice...". Am I taking the time to be quiet, turn off the world, and actually hear His voice? How can we make wise choices in our day unless we take the time to hear what God has to say. We can save a lot of wasted time in our lives if we would just listen to Him. With so many pressures all around us as believers, and the tactics of the enemy to cause us to stumble and fall, we cannot afford to live our own life apart from God.


I want Him to come in and dine with me. There's a lot of scripture that talks about having a meal together. Jesus shared a meal with his disciples, with his friends, with sinners. Sharing a meal is sweet fellowship and part of our everyday life. I want Jesus in my "everyday" life. That means continually...moment to moment.

I want so much more of Him. And I know He wants so much more of me. Am I willing to let Him into the doors of my heart no matter what? Am I willing to let go of anything that is in the way of my relationship with Jesus? What things, thoughts, mindsets or desires are holding me back from following Him completely?

Jesus, give me a willing heart to let go of those things that get in the way of my relationship with You. I want to serve You and You alone. Thank You for Your grace and Your mercy in tilling my heart ever so gently. Thank you for more hunger and more passion in loving You.

Blessings on your weekend.
(Blog Picture #2 coming in near future.)




3 comments:

Susan June 3, 2007 at 3:04 PM  

I was out blogsurfing today and happened by here. I love this picture of the door..it reminds me of my "window picture" that I posted about not too long ago. This is a lovely post and a great place.

Stop by sometime when you can.

Blessings.

:-) Susan

Alycia June 4, 2007 at 6:36 AM  

What a beautiful post! I loved reading your scripture for your door picture and how that applies to your life. I also love how you were able to put your text inside a green box within your post. If you are able, I would love to know how you did that. Have a great day!!!

eph2810 June 8, 2007 at 1:03 PM  

What an incredible post, Mary. There are some areas in my life I have not yet given over to Him. I know, because He keeps bringing them up...
Thank you for the reminder to be still before Him and listen to His voice.
Blessings to you and yours.

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP