Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Wednesday, May 23, 2007


Let the Word of Christ richly dwell within you,
with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another
with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,
singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God. Colossians 3:16

Here we go....I LOVE Thankful Thursdays. I love seeing everyone else's hearts show up on their blogs. I laughed at my friend, javamamma, a year ago when she said she was blogging. Maybe I need to repent!

Anyway...

Today, I'm thankful for laughter! It seems like I have messed up this week in many areas, and laughter has helped me let some things go so as not to bog me down with condemnation. (Romans 8:1)

I'm thankful that we had yet another fabulous Sunday service. We had a baby dedication of my great niece. You could see with your eyes, the high calling that God has on this little one. Her name means "gift" in Hebrew and "nations" in the Greek. She has a calling to be a gift to the nations. Is that cool or what!

I'm thankful that we had our little granddaughter here over the weekend. She loves our little dog, Asia, and plays and plays with her. I watched her on Monday, and we had lots and lots of giggles and laughter. The giggles of a little child have to be a sweet, sweet sound to the Father, don't you think?

I'm thankful that I was home yesterday after running all over the countryside the past 3 weeks and finally get caught up on some cleaning. It's amazing what you can do with a blow-torch! Just kidding!

I'm so thankful that my daughter has only 2 weeks left in being the cutest pregnant gal this side of the Mississippi! She is really ready to deliver this one. Her midwife says that everything is on schedule and she's doing well. Praise God!

I'm thankful that we have chosen a couple great leaders to take a team to Southeast Asia to share the gospel at Christmas time. They have things planned out for building a team and bringing unity and strength to the team as a whole. It's fun to watch people grow in leadership.

I'm so thankful for the Word of God. It is life to me and strength to my bones. I've enjoyed memorizing the Word more and getting it deep into my heart. It's really cool when I pray for someone that the Word that I've memorized comes out in the prayer. We need to pray the Word of God over our lives. Wouldn't that be the most perfect prayer?

I'm thankful for my blogging friends. I have been so encouraged by visiting your blogs. I have laughed with you (sometimes very loudly!) and I've cried with you. I don't always get to leave a comment due to time factors. Well, that's no excuse! :) Some of you have told stories of antics of the children that have brought back floods of memories of our children when they were little. Others have shared teachings from the Word that has pierced my heart and I have been challenged. I had no idea what blogging would mean to me when I began this journey in cyberspace. So thank you to javamamma again for getting me started. I am so blessed!

Fill you heart with more thankfulness at Iris's place.

Blessings on your day!!








25 comments:

Denise May 24, 2007 at 7:35 AM  

Thanks for being such a sweet blessing to me my friend, I appreciate your kind comments on my blog.

Lyndy May 24, 2007 at 7:46 AM  

I know what you mean...I never thought I would blog either but yet here I am.

Great list of things to be thankful for.

Have a blessed weekend.

Pearls of Wisdom May 24, 2007 at 7:55 AM  

I love your list and blog so much. I love laughter too and am so glad you included the verse:
Today, I'm thankful for laughter! It seems like I have messed up this week in many areas, and laughter has helped me let some things go so as not to bog me down with condemnation. (Romans 8:1)
and about laughter as I thought of how humor and laughter has got me so through some difficult times. Your granddaughter sounds so sweet. I love hearing my children laugh and giggle but especially my little one.
In his endless love,

Angel ( Angel Mama )

Deborah May 24, 2007 at 8:04 AM  

Hey dolla have a wonderful thursday, love reading your blog and thanks for making me part of your life. love always me kisses and more kisses

Alycia May 24, 2007 at 8:15 AM  

I am so happy to have found your blog! I enjoyed reading your list and especially for the reminder of how sweet the sound of children's laughter is. Today, my daughter had the funniest "belly laughs" as I kissed her neck. I know our Heavenly Father must feel the same way when he hears each of us. Have a Blessed Day!

Laurel Wreath May 24, 2007 at 8:29 AM  

Ok laughed out loud at "It's amazing what you can do with a blow-torch! Just kidding!"

I love it, with my three boys that is about what it takes.

How exciting about the new baby!!!

Have a great week.

Nise' May 24, 2007 at 8:37 AM  

Mary, thank you for your kind words of encouragment to me today! Love the reminder on laughter, I will have to put that in to practice today! Enjoy your weekend.

Melissa Lea May 24, 2007 at 8:53 AM  

Thank you for sharing you list! Thanks for visiting me!! Have a great day!!

Serving Him May 24, 2007 at 8:57 AM  

I always enjoy reading your list. I too love laughter. I am thankful that God gives us friends in our life that help us create moments in which we can have a good laugh. Enjoy this beautiful day. Sincerely, Serving Him

HeartofWisdom May 24, 2007 at 9:14 AM  

How neat is it God gave us laughter! I am also thankful for bloggers--this is a special relationship building communication system for Christians--llowing us to serve one another, bear one another's burdens, pray for one another, encourage one another, etc.

Blessings,
Publish Your Comment
Robin
http://heartofwisdom.com/blog

javamamma May 24, 2007 at 10:15 AM  

You're welcome...though I must admit I think I am the greater benefactor of you starting a blog! Awesome, awesome stuff, lady!

Susanne May 24, 2007 at 11:01 AM  

Your list blessed me. Isn't it great to laugh!! It truly is the "best medicine". Have a great day!!

Robin May 24, 2007 at 11:16 AM  

I'm thankful javamama got you started blogging too! You have blessed my heart in a very short time! Thanks for your lovely list!

Bonnie Lacy May 24, 2007 at 12:10 PM  

Mary, Mary! I love you! Okay, I get it on the Thankful Thursday thing. I just read yours and am so touched! Thanks for how you crawl up on His lap and seek His Heart and then pour it back out on us.

Deena May 24, 2007 at 12:44 PM  

Blogging is so WAY cool...we get to meet so many of our Christian family this way...and I love visiting with different believers...like you!

Sharon May 24, 2007 at 1:00 PM  

Thank you so much for your list. It reminds me of the benefits of hiding God's word in my heart.
And I love the blow torch as a new cleaning tool!

In Light of the Truth... May 24, 2007 at 2:21 PM  

What a joyful heart today! thanks so much for sharing!

Karen May 24, 2007 at 2:25 PM  

It's so nice to meet you! Your list was great! Laughing about blogging...ha, you look like an expert!

Kathleen Marie May 24, 2007 at 7:17 PM  

Wow, so much to be thankful for and a new life on the way to greet the world! Awesome! I love the first one, laughter... It is so healing! Hugs!

Linda May 24, 2007 at 7:36 PM  

What a great list of "thankfulness". It really is a blessing to be able to pray God's word. It is so powerful.
Thanks for visiting and for your kind comment!!

Amy May 24, 2007 at 10:35 PM  

I am loving your blog! It is sweet, humorous, wise... Go girl!

HeartofWisdom May 24, 2007 at 11:52 PM  

You have been tagged to share in Fruit of the Spirit Friday meme.

Please pray about joining this Bible study meme.

You can answer the seven prompts on the fruit of your choice or write anything you feel lead to on this topic, then add your name to Mr Linky to share with others.

http:/heartofwisdom/blog/fruit-of-the-spirit-friday-meme/

Terri @ In His Hands May 27, 2007 at 7:57 AM  

Laughter is good medicine! You have so many great things to be thankful for, I really enjoyed reading your post. I also love the blue pots you put in your garden! I wish I could get into gardening. I'm more into pots. lol

Blessings~

Krista May 27, 2007 at 10:13 AM  

Can you email me the code for this button! I think I need to start doing Thankful Thursdays so I can see positive sides--this is a great tool! Thanks

eph2810 May 27, 2007 at 11:33 AM  

Believe me, I have messed up on some major things this week, especially compassion and loving my neighbor (traffic related). I am just glad that there is grace.
I really need to clean some things around my house as well - maybe the blow-torch is not such a bad idea *grin*...
I am glad that you daughter is during well in the last stages of your pregnancy. I am sure you are all really excited to welcome the new addition to your family.
Thank you for sharing your thankful heart with us this week.
Blessings on your Memorial Day weekend and always.

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP