Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thankful Thursday

>> Wednesday, May 16, 2007


Blessed be the Lord
Because He has heard the voice of my supplication.
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
My heart trust in Him and I am helped;
Therefore my heart exults,
And with my song I shall thank Him.
Psalm 28:6

I am so very thankful that I can come to Jesus and sit at His feet, drink in His presence and allow Him to fill my bucket to overflowing. (check yesterday's post)

I'm thankful for my youngest son planting some trees and bushes for me last Saturday. He used the gift of digging all those holes as my Mother's Day gift. He's a college student, so he was thrilled that I was happy with the holes as my gift. :)

I'm thankful that we had an amazing Sunday service where a young woman was set free from a broken heart.

I'm thankful that my hubby and I had some precious time with our youngest son on Sunday. The rest of the family was tied up. And we normally have anywhere from 7 to 20 people here for Sunday dinner. It was a nice Mother's Day rest.

I'm thankful that I'm getting the flower garden in shape. The rain that we've had recently has been wonderful, but it slowed down the planting. I'm revamping a couple large areas. Maybe I'll get pictures up when it's complete.

I'm thankful that my children had the foresight to get me a battery operated garden cart for Christmas last Dec. I had it loaded with dirt chunks from planting the trees and pushed the cart with one hand to dump the dirt. With ONE hand!! It's amazing!

I'm thankful that I will get to see my granddaughter this weekend. And we will play "Kissy Bug" - one of those little games that we made up - and we will giggle and giggle.

I'm thankful that I will get to see my great niece this weekend also. She was born in February. We've seen lots of cute pictures, but haven't gotten to hold her yet.

Let your heart burst open with thankfulness to the Lord. For more thankful hearts, head on over to Iris' place.

Blessings on the rest of your week!

26 comments:

Denise May 17, 2007 at 6:48 AM  

Bless your precious thankful heart.

The Preacher's Wife May 17, 2007 at 8:30 AM  

what a great list...i hope you'll post pics of your garden! one day, when my kids aren't trashing the house on a regular basis, i'm going to start on the outdoors ;)

javamamma May 17, 2007 at 9:08 AM  

I'm thankful for ministry friends and lunch at Applebee's and coffee at Starbuck's. Enjoyed fellowship with your brother yesterday!

Hopefully we keep some sunshine so you can finish your outdoor projects. I was so proud of the few flower pots I planted the other day and then left them under our gutterless eaves and the were drowned by the downpour. What can I say? I'm working outside my gifting. Sigh.

kissesfromheaven May 17, 2007 at 9:34 AM  

He said he had a good time! Hey, God's grace can cover our weaknesses. You can be stretched in the area of your flowers, girlie! Blessings!

Serving Him May 17, 2007 at 9:48 AM  

Enjoy time with your Grand daughter this weekend...Grandmas are great gifts and examples for their grandkids. Your family is blessed to have you.

Dana May 17, 2007 at 10:35 AM  

I loved your list. I wish I had the patience to work in a flower garden. Right now, I have to use plants that take care of themselves - low maintenance!

BTW, you asked about my camera. I got a Fuji Film S6000. I love it. I haven't learned all the ins and outs of it yet but it is nice, and not bad price for what it is. We got it from Amazon.com.

Crystal May 17, 2007 at 10:56 AM  

What a great list....I would love to see pictures of your flower garden...
Blessings

Lauren S. May 17, 2007 at 11:52 AM  

What a beautful list! Enjoy your granddaughter and niece this weekend!

Nise' May 17, 2007 at 12:02 PM  

I want one of those battery operated garden carts! Enjoy your time with your grandaughter! Thanks for sharing.

on the Rock May 17, 2007 at 1:40 PM  

Sounds like alot of wonderful family time:)
God Bless,
Betty

Elizabeth May 17, 2007 at 2:20 PM  

What a lovely list! Enjoy that family of yours to the fullest, and enjoy your gardening projects too! :)

eph2810 May 17, 2007 at 2:33 PM  

*smile* - I love that your son dug holes for you so trees and plant could be planted - bless his heart.

With one hand pushing a heavy cart - how cool is that!

It sounds you had the perfect Mothers day.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Be blessed today and always.

Robin May 17, 2007 at 3:14 PM  

Your list was gentle, true, and sweet! It is so good to be thankful!
And I would be so thankful if you would please promise you will post a picture of your cobalt blue columbine. I have never seen that color before!

Connie Barris May 17, 2007 at 3:19 PM  

How blessed is the blessed...

lovely list...

thank you also for your prayers

Connie

Pearls of Wisdom May 17, 2007 at 5:27 PM  

What a wonderful list. May the Lord bless you this week and always.

In his endless love,

Angel Mama ( Pearls of Wisdom)

Sharon May 17, 2007 at 5:38 PM  

My husband would love you little garden cart. Have fun with it this summer. And it sounds like you have a full weekend--enjoy your family.

Patty May 17, 2007 at 5:44 PM  

I loved reading your Thankful List. I can't imagine having 20 people over for Sunday dinner, you are a great woman!! I love your blog and the name is great!!

Blessings,
Patty

kissesfromheaven May 17, 2007 at 5:49 PM  

It's only God's grace Patty. :)

Terri @ In His Hands May 17, 2007 at 6:25 PM  

What a great list! I laughed at the gift of holes--that is too funny. I would also love to see garden pics! I'm not a gardener but I love to look at other people's gardens. :)
You sound like an amazing grandmother!

Blessings~

Linda May 17, 2007 at 7:26 PM  

That's a wonderful list. I think you must be a really good gardner. I'd love to see pictures.
Have fun with the little ones. They are a precious blessing.

Rosemarie May 17, 2007 at 7:53 PM  

"I'm thankful that we had an amazing Sunday service where a young woman was set free from a broken heart."

There's nothing like seeing the captive set free!

"Pearls of wisdom...a heavenly voice."
http://avoicetobeheard.blogspot.com/

Thanks for visiting! :)

By the grace of God ... May 17, 2007 at 8:02 PM  

I am trying to work on the outside ... but I don't do so well and God fills in the huge missing links! What a beautiful thankful list -- filled with sweet blessings! Thanks for sharing --

Sharon @ Little Lessons May 17, 2007 at 8:48 PM  

I'm thankful for people like you who remind us to be thankful!

Laurel Wreath May 17, 2007 at 8:55 PM  

OH the beginning of a garden, how I love it. This makes me want to run out and plant something, my problem is I end of killing it in a matter of weeks (it is a running joke around this household). I am with Preacher's Wife, would love to see pictures.

Blessings.

Dirkey May 18, 2007 at 5:55 AM  

awesome list, the garden cart sounds incredible. What a way to spend the day :)

Faerylandmom May 18, 2007 at 4:14 PM  

I loved reading your list! I am very VERY slowly learning a little about gardening. I'm not good at what I do know! Oh well...

Thanks for visiting me too. :)

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP