Related Posts with Thumbnails

Some gems from the garden....

>> Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Just wanted to share a few things from my garden. I love looking out over the garden in the morning, preferable with coffee in hand, and "listen" to the plants sing praises to God!

This is Frances Williams Hosta. She gets HUGE and I love her!

I got some blue pots at the garden store last year. They were 2 for the price of 1.
I love how they "pop" in the garden.
This is a "strawberry pot" of begonias on my deck steps.
They are in the full sun and do fabulous!
The peonies are in full bloom and lovely. These are about 50 years old.
This is a cobalt blue columbine. It's gorgeous. The picture doesn't do it justice. And the cool thing is that is reseeds itself. I don't normally let things reseed, but this one captured my heart.

This is an old fashioned Iris that was planted by our neighbor before we purchased this land from him. I kept it because it smells like jelly beans. :)
This is more of the columbine in front of some hostas to which I am addicted.
~~~~~

That's it for now. Are you planning on being a part of Thankful Thursday?

Blessings on your day!


12 comments:

Denise May 23, 2007 at 11:52 AM  

What a lovely garden, I love your flowers. Thanks for sharing them dear one.

javamamma May 23, 2007 at 1:00 PM  

Would you please come out and give your advice on what to do with our yard?!?! Your garden looks fantabulous!

Sue May 23, 2007 at 1:29 PM  

I love looking at pictures from the garden! The blue pot is so cool.

eph2810 May 23, 2007 at 2:34 PM  

Oh - I would love to join you strolling your garden. It is beautiful. I am glad that you didn't take our the Iris *grin*.

Yes, I am planning on taking part in Thankful Thursday *mega grin*...

See you tomorrow :)

Blessings on your Wednesday afternoon and always.

kissesfromheaven May 23, 2007 at 2:50 PM  

Of Course! As long as you supply the coffee! :)

kissesfromheaven May 23, 2007 at 2:54 PM  

Oops! I commented on what Javamamma said and my comment got pushed way down here. Oh well. :)

Laurel Wreath May 24, 2007 at 9:26 AM  

How beautiful, wish I could come and sit among them, breath them in. Beautiful.

Mindy May 24, 2007 at 10:36 AM  

Your flowers are so pretty!!!!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that hosta too. I just bought some seperated it and planted it. Doesn't look as good as your yet but I am loving that one day it will!
Thanks for stopping by my blog....It is nice to meet you!
the peomies are gorgous too!!!

Rachelle May 24, 2007 at 11:17 AM  

Wow! Your garden is just beautiful. I wish you could come over and help me with mine...but Canada is a bit out of the way, isn't it? LOL

I also loved the blue pot.

Amy May 24, 2007 at 10:33 PM  

I love gardens. I love nature. Your photos have made me happy!

:o)

Angela May 25, 2007 at 11:25 PM  

Beautiful garden! I am a fellow gardener too! Blessings! Angela

Krista May 27, 2007 at 10:14 AM  

Will you come to my house and plant some flowers! Mine are not that beautiful! :)

Post a Comment

  © 2010 Kisses From the Sky / Design by: Split Decisionz / Template by: OurBlogTemplates

Back to TOP